By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sleeper hits of 2009 (Playstation 3 only)

DC Universe will bomb.

I could see Ghost Busters and Heavy Rain being sleeper hits.

Around the Network
cool48 said:
DC Universe will bomb.

I could see Ghost Busters and Heavy Rain being sleeper hits.

I don't know anything about heavy rain, but Ghostbusters seems like it will hit or miss. Ghostbusters is an old, but still popular franchise. I don't think it can churn out a mediocre game and still sell based on name recognition - like say Star Wars. Ghostbusters hasn't done anything in forever.  As someone who loves the movies, and grew up with his own toy proton pack, the game will need to be awesome to make me happy. Either the fans will love it and it will be a massive success or it will be dissapointing and sell poorly.  Here's to hoping that they make discs of pure awesome for our enjoyment.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

I think all of those games will bomb except for Infamous and Heavy Rain. I never liked Twisted Metal that much, the Agency I may reconsider when they show more.

As far as sleeper hits go, I have my eyes on Fat Princess and Flower for now.

InFamous!!!!

4 ≈ One

I want to see more Infamous and Heavy Rain.

What about Dark Mist? and could LA Noire hit in 2009 (is it even still in production?)

Around the Network
bucknasty said:

I see the upcoming Aliens game being pretty decent. The Batman Arkham Asylum should be good. Killzone 2 will prolly be  decent but most likely get a "meh" reaction simular to Haze...remember how awesome that was supposed to be?And dont forget Lair?..uggh

I'm guessing you haven't played Killzone 2.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
bucknasty said:

I see the upcoming Aliens game being pretty decent. The Batman Arkham Asylum should be good. Killzone 2 will prolly be  decent but most likely get a "meh" reaction simular to Haze...remember how awesome that was supposed to be?And dont forget Lair?..uggh

I'm guessing you haven't played Killzone 2.

He couldn't possibly have.

heavy rain will sell mainly due graphics but people that bought it will be either surprised with the story or turned off by the game play.

inFamous, Haze, LA Noire if it makes it out.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I doubt heavy Rain will do too well if it plays like Indigo Prophecy. Personally I love that type of game, but most do not.