By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA up, 1 million freaking Wiis!!!!!!!!!

I think nintendo should keep supply this high, i mean it instantly sells out, there is no reason to drop supply after christmas?

mM
Around the Network

Software sales with week will be epic. I can hardly wait!

jake_the_fake1 said:
segajon said:
What recession?

the wii sells when their are games, no games, game droughts that last for months, economic crash, the damn thing is immune to all.

I don't understand it, it's the console with the least features, the least functionality, the worst graphics, crappy online, laggy controls and yet people buy it up...it defies logic, it makes me question these people...

least features - people don't care

worst graphics - see previous generation

crappy online - not

laggy controls - not

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Wii market share: 55%

PS3 market share: 16%

Xbox 360 market share: 30%

OMFG, the Wii is feeding on the PS3s market share. If the Wii goes over 50% it will be because the PS3 dropped below 20%. OUCH!

Xbox 360 = Anvil, Wii = Hammer, PS3 = In hard place to be.

Tease.

jake_the_fake1 said:
segajon said:
What recession?

the wii sells when their are games, no games, game droughts that last for months, economic crash, the damn thing is immune to all.

I don't understand it, it's the console with the least features, the least functionality, the worst graphics, crappy online, laggy controls and yet people buy it up...it defies logic, it makes me question these people...

The only control lag I have EVER faced is when I was playing Brawl Online's Wifi when it reached its capacity because of too many users.

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Around the Network

This is getting ridiculous >_

^_^

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Xen said:
It outsells... DS?

What?

Wii outsold DS in Americas last week. And the week before that... And 2 weeks before that again, and the week before that..

It isn't something new.

When it's:

1) Not a 7 digit number

2) Losing to the DS in others (lol)

You never bother looking =P

leo-j said:
I think nintendo should keep supply this high, i mean it instantly sells out, there is no reason to drop supply after christmas?

The problem is, Nintendo doesn't know if they can keep selling up to 140M (or more). If they start making 35M consoles a year, and only 15M sells, they have to shut down factories (or sell them) just 1-2 years after they bought them. Nintendo is (as everyone knows) very careful and conservative with money. I don't see them upping Wii production ever again.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

NJ5 said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
segajon said:
What recession?

least features - people don't care

worst graphics - see previous generation

crappy online - not

laggy controls - not

Yea ps2 wasnt as far as wii was in the graphics department..

Crappy online compared to PSN AND XBOX LIVE? Yes.. the friend code thing is ridicouluse

laggy controls, I cant comment on that, its good imo

mM

The Wii just keeps taking market share away from the PS3 while the 360 is holding its ground.

Numbers were up pretty fast. If Microsoft had released a big game in Japan this week it could of hit 1mil.

So now we know it is very possible for it do to do so.