By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA up, 1 million freaking Wiis!!!!!!!!!

every time the Wii sales go fan boys hearts fall apart its beautiful!

Around the Network

I think realisticly that is it for the PS3. Even the hardest of supporters have to now see the PS3 has not gained 1 single console back against the 360 even now it is in its 3rd year. The whole week this time last year the PS3 sold 620k and the 360 sold 590k. The 360 has sold basically 50% extra per week while the PS3 has dropped 30% every week. Those numbers have caught up with it and now it is almost 9m units behind the 360. You cant keep going "wait til "insert game here" comes". You will be waiting forever it to happen. History shows the console in front in the 3rd year wins. That is the Wii and 360 will obviously now come in a miles behind 2nd and PS3 miles behind that 3rd.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Why are we arguing about games in a hardware sales thread?

Wii has better sales, HD consoles have better games. Both fanboy factions need to learn to deal with those facts.

I would have thought people would understand that people have different opinions about the merits of each console's game line-ups. Personally, I prefer the Wii line-up of 2008 to that of PS3/360. People argue about this because they think everyone has the same mind and experience as they do, it would seem. No matter how many reasonable people say that good is a subjective opinion you still get the same idiotic arguments about 'why the Wii sells,' 'this line-up is far superior' and so on.

It's pretty clear that the Wii is selling to a larger variety of people than the other machines and that it is because of the variety of games on offer. So, it is because of the game line-up. Some people bought it because of sports/fit, but others buy it because of Galaxy/Metroid, still others will buy it for Animal Crossing, as well as the fact that it is marketed on the style of play rather than some pictures of the in-game graphics. There are many other reasons for it selling well - original price point helped start it off, for example and now it has built up a brand recognition level that helps it to sell at record levels.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Good times, how much is Nintendo making a week off hardware sales alone (profit wise) They're richer then Scrooge McDuck!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Good times, how much are Nintendo making a week off hardware sales alone (profit wise) Their richer then Scrooge McDuck!

We just don't know yet. Analysts are bringing in different numbers all the time.

Around the Network

I'm always late to these parties...

Holy [censored word of the day] @ Wii. I can't believe it sold over one million consoles in a single region.

360 doing very nice.

PS3- better than last week but needs some serious help.

Oyvoyvoyv said:

This was expected. Nothing extraordinary here. All these growths should be expected.

Wii saw the smallest growth of all the machines.

Differences:

DS + 240K (34%)

Wii: + 250K (+ 33%)

X360: + 150K ( + 38%)

Ps3: + 60K (33%)

PsP:  + 80K ( + 37%)

PS: Wiistation60, you have the wrong numbers for X360.

fanboy much?

according to your numbers there wii wold 250k more than last week, excuse my math skills but isnt that a bigger growth than everything else(especially the closest competition whish only grew over last week as much as150k)?

hello how are you.

NJ5 said:

B

I

N

G

O

Nintendo is destroying the industry!

When PS60 get price cut, Wii is through.

Wii Fit!!????

Nintendo is abandoning the hardcore!

When this game comes out, THEN the PS360 will take off!

Nintendo not serious about online.

Wii is just a party machine.

Wii sells because it is cheap.

Pachter says…

class="MsoNormal" style="text-align: center;" align="center">Nintendo milks profit due to inferior hardware!

Gamecube started well at first too…

Wii is a fad!

FREE

LOL minigames!!1!

PS3 is on a ten year plan.

Wii is two Gamecube systems put together by duct tape!

Argh!!! Non-games!!!1!!!

Wii-mote is a gimmick.

Stupid casual gamers!

Only Nintendo games sell on Nintendo systems.

When HD adoption rate goes up, Wii is finished.

Who cares about Wii sales? All the real games are on PS60!

Where are the third parties? LOL!

VC is overpriced rom dump!

What happens when people get bored of Wii Sports?

lol.people have said just about anything to discount the wii. 

haha awsome bingo

hello how are you.

Zomb1337 said:
I dont see why Wii is so popular.....I played it and the control is garbage and very small, the sensor barely registers accurate movements, and the games on Wii (besides Mario, Zelda & SSBB), generally are crap (ex: Wii Sports, Play, Fit, Music = shovelware). The 360 is doing well @ 900,000+ units sold WW this week.

I don't see why your opinion is fact >.>.  I own both a PS3 and Wii (soon to own a 360, but have played it numerous times), and enjoy them all.  I like the Wii the best though jsut because I'm a fan of all of (or most of) Nintendo's exclusives which imo are superior.  But this is my opinion.  Mine isn't, your's isn't, get over it >.>

Linkzmax said:
misterd said:
I'll wait for more official confirmation (remember VGC's 10% margin of error means Wii sales might "only" have been 900k), but this is astounding.

What is the record for single region sales in one week? Anyone know?

I mentioned it in another thread.  The previous record was 960,847 by PS2 in Americas Christmas week of '02.  That was also the week it sold 1,761,665 WW.

Thanks. Too close for comfort IMO. NPD could easily knock 50k off the Wii sales. If this gets confirmed I am sure Nintendo will release a press statement.