By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii/360 comparison

I was under the impression that you can get a wire for your wii to connect it to your internet.

Around the Network

Good write-up.

I just have a few quibbles with some of your less important points.

1. I don't get the appeal of ejecting from a controller. If you're ejecting a disc, you have to get up, go to the machine, and put it away. There's no point in opening a door across the room when you have to walk to it anyway. DVD players with this 'feature' have bugged me for a while. It adds nothing.

2. A smaller nunchuck is better, to me. It's meant to be twisted and swung around, added bulk is only going to slow it down and reduce reaction time, while making your arm more tired.

3. You mention lock-ups on the Wii and mention playing Godfather. Godfather is the only game which has given me technical trouble on the Wii so far. It's a fun game, but EA isn't terribly renowned for their quality control, and I strongly suspect that these lockups are a result of sloppy programming by EA rather than bad design by Nintendo.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

ckmlb said:
Dodece said:

1. The arcade is a fart in the wind compared to the virtual console. More games, better game, and more variety of games could go so far.

2. I would also like to have had an explanation of the merits of the plans. Microsoft sure as hell did not give me one. Perhaps it was in the instruction manual. Perhaps my relative lost it. What I do know is Microsoft did not really explain that to me. What will I get for eight dollars a month?

3. The games on the 360 definately look better in the graphics area. Perhaps Wii games will look better in time, but for right now the games on the 360 look a lot better.

1. Except Arcade games are usually brand new games, and the old games are usually re released with new graphics and improvements. On the other side, Nintendo just puts the old games exactly as they are out on the Virtual Console.

Nintendo has more games because they have many games on previous systems, MS never had a system before Xbox so the fact that the retro stuff is much less abundant is to be expected.

A fart in the wind? Actual new games versus same old games. Which one takes more effort?

2. 50/12= 4 dollars and change not 8 dollars a month.

3. I really hope you don't mean Wii games will look better than 360 games in time, cause they won't, ever. Unless they are extremely stylized, there is no chance of any game on the Wii looking better than the good looking games of the 360, ever, not now and not in the future.

1. I suppose life just isn't fair some times. Nintendo has a huge retro library, and they are milking it. How does that change the situation? Why should the consumer care where the cow was slaughtered. I would rather play the likes of a Mario 64 over a Contra. Most consumers would. The excuse or justification simply cannot change the facts. There are more games on the virtual console, and better games. 2. I based the rate on their monthly charge given to me during registration. Remember I am on a gold trial card. Which means I might not opt for the service. I have yet to consider price plan savings. 3. The term A LOT means A LOT. You need to go back over the passage. Your reading into things that are not there.

ckmlb said:
Dodece said:

1. The arcade is a fart in the wind compared to the virtual console. More games, better game, and more variety of games could go so far.

2. I would also like to have had an explanation of the merits of the plans. Microsoft sure as hell did not give me one. Perhaps it was in the instruction manual. Perhaps my relative lost it. What I do know is Microsoft did not really explain that to me. What will I get for eight dollars a month?

3. The games on the 360 definately look better in the graphics area. Perhaps Wii games will look better in time, but for right now the games on the 360 look a lot better.

1. Except Arcade games are usually brand new games, and the old games are usually re released with new graphics and improvements. On the other side, Nintendo just puts the old games exactly as they are out on the Virtual Console.

Nintendo has more games because they have many games on previous systems, MS never had a system before Xbox so the fact that the retro stuff is much less abundant is to be expected.

A fart in the wind? Actual new games versus same old games. Which one takes more effort?

Aww dude, get the point already. Who gives a damn if the games are old or not. What matters is if the games ARE GOOD. Seriously. I sure as hell don't give a rats ass whether MS has to make new arcade games for the consumer, if they offer you an online service like this they better have good products to sell. Besides MS could have signed a contract with any other developer that does have worthy retro titles, but ooops. Looks like Nintendo did the smart thing first. My point? Stop trying to belittle Nintendos offering, cause it's one hell of a good thing they did thus far with it. Go play PS3 or something.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

ive seen the difference between the 360 graphics to the wii graphics and on a normal tv and there is no difference. if you compare 2nd gen games to 1st gen games then yes there will be a small difference but if you compare launch title to launch title you will se no difference what so ever.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Around the Network

Well congratulations on your new purchase Dodece; I am sure you'll enjoy it. Excellent, well-written post; never mind the ADD sufferers who may complain.

And congratulations to VGChartz members too -- no-one has come on here frothing at the mouth about whatever fanboy problem they have with you liking the 360, or not liking it enough.

famousringo may be right about Godfather -- remember the Forever Blue bug.

And as for your question about just what one is buying with Gold subscription -- as far as I know, no more or less than the ability to play games online. I have not done a lot of research -- 30 seconds on Wikipedia failed to turn up the answer, and I'm too lazy to try harder. If you're not, try MS's official site.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Kasz216 said:
I was under the impression that you can get a wire for your wii to connect it to your internet.

You can, but you have to do it via USB adapter, so it's not free.  About $21 or so.  Wireless is included at no extra charge.  They also have a USB wireless adapter you can plug into a windows box that is on the internet if you want to go wireless and only have wired on your pc.

Interesting and unbiased read .

Wojtas said:
ckmlb said:
Dodece said:

Aww dude, get the point already. Who gives a damn if the games are old or not. What matters is if the games ARE GOOD. Seriously. I sure as hell don't give a rats ass whether MS has to make new arcade games for the consumer, if they offer you an online service like this they better have good products to sell. Besides MS could have signed a contract with any other developer that does have worthy retro titles, but ooops. Looks like Nintendo did the smart thing first. My point? Stop trying to belittle Nintendos offering, cause it's one hell of a good thing they did thus far with it. Go play PS3 or something.

Calm down. He's not trying to "belittle Niintendo's offering", he's simply stating a fact. Dodece is saying it as if Microsoft is not trying at all. They are and I as well as many other gamers commend them. Not every game is a stellar title but they have a few. How can you compare that to past megahits from Ninty? Who seriously would compare Mario 64 to Geometry Wars?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

scorptile said:
ive seen the difference between the 360 graphics to the wii graphics and on a normal tv and there is no difference. if you compare 2nd gen games to 1st gen games then yes there will be a small difference but if you compare launch title to launch title you will se no difference what so ever.

What?????????????