By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
*~Onna76~* said:
leo-j said:
Soriku said:
@leo-j Main series>Remake

FF7 CC isnt a remake genius.

I think he's refering more to FF, FF2 and FF Tactics plus the upcoming remakes of Star Ocean and Star Ocean 2... on the other hand DS also gets it's share of Square Enix remakes, FFIII already released, FFIV, and not to mention 3 Dragon Quest remakes... 1 plus 1 plus 3 = 5, 1 plus 1 plus 1 plus 2 = 5, hey what do you know... PSP vs DS Square Enix remakes we have a tie! *Unless I'm missing something*.

How do you folks think about Brave Story? Personally I loved the JP version and Jeanne d'Arc is pretty amazing as well.

There's actually 6 on the PSP's sidei f you count the (Japan only) Itadaki Street port with the FF characters tossed in.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Damn... it was too good to be true, to make this ridiulous war full of nonsense turn into a truce.

And again for the record I love my PSP as well my DS  Criticizing from my side has "nothing" to do with hate.
"

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

twesterm said:
leo-j said:

First off its almost the same size as the ds, secound off it has the same batter life as the ds lite. The slim psp will not only weight less(the first weighed less than 1 pound), but its slimmer and comes in better colors.

DS Lite battery life: 15-19 hours

PSP battery life:3-6 hours

PSP2000 battery life with supplied battery:3-6 hours

PSP2000 with PSP battery: 8-10 hours

Add to that the fact that if you do want the 8-10 hour battery life, you're going to have the older, bigger, heavier battery which will probably make the PSP2000 weigh pretty close to the DS Lite and unbalanced. You phail.

WTF? 3-6 hours? What were you doing hacking your psp running the interent, music, and game at the same time or something? The average is 6-7 hours. Lite psp will probably have an average of 12-13 hours with the new battery, and the ds lite lasts an average of 9 hours.

mM
greg said:
The PSP hate here is strong, it's worse than most forums. I seriously laugh every time someone says PSP lacks good games.

what is wrong with you?  did even 1 person say in this thread that PSP had bad games?  I heard about 3 or 4 people say PSP had better games than DS, and then i heard people say that was an opinion.  I never heard a single person say DS had better games than PSP.  Where's the hate?  People saying DS is gonna outsell PSP, they must be real fucking geniuses to figure that one out. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

The PSP 'hype' died down because Nintendo changed the rules of the game. While Sony went targeted itself at the game/gadget market, Nintendo went for the non-gamers. And their name has been synonymously with hand held gaming since the GameBoy launched with Tetris as the pack-in.

I'll give full props to Sony for being the biggest and best threat Nintendo has ever faced. And the PSP is certainly not dead. But it will never catch up and will see its sales slow down over the next couple of years until a true successor comes out.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Around the Network
leo-j said:
You would rather take dragon quest over final fantasy 7?

Yes, I would rather play Dragon Quest IX (a full main-series game) than Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (a spinoff game in a tired compilation).

However, I would like to play both ;P

PS3: 5.51m/51w, avg 108,039/w (up 239)
360: 12.93m/102w, avg 126,764/w (up 625), leads PS3 by 7.42m (up 70k), avg lead 18,725/w (up 386)
Wii: 13.52m/51w, avg 265,098/w (dn 1,102), leads PS3 by 8.01m (up 90k), avg lead 157,059/w (dn 1,341)

If 360 sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass 360 by...
01/08: (008w) +875.8%, 04/08: (021w) +344.4%, 07/08: (034w) +219.3%, 10/08: (047w) +163.5%
01/09: (060w) +131.8%, 04/09: (073w) +111.4%, 07/09: (085w) +098.1%, 10/09: (099w) +086.7%
If Wii sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass Wii by...
01/08: (008w) +1072.%, 04/08: (021w) +498.4%, 07/08: (034w) +363.4%, 10/08: (047w) +303.1%
01/09: (060w) +269.0%, 04/09: (073w) +246.9%, 07/09: (085w) +232.6%, 10/09: (099w) +220.3%
If PS2 sales freeze, Wii sales increases needed to pass PS2 (as of Mar07, 108.4m) by...
2008: (008w) +4373.8%, 2009: (060w) +0496.5%, 2010: (112w) +0219.6%, 2011: (165w) +0116.9%
2012: (217w) +0064.9%, 2013: (269w) +0033.1%, 2014: (321w) +0011.5%, 2015: (376w) -0004.8%
At +0% it will pass it in 358w, the week ending September 19th, 2014, at an age of 409w (7y44w).
Current age of PS2: 7y37w.

Last update: Week ending November 3, 2007

People are entitled to like what they choose, but don't mistake objective observation for hate.

The PSP is not doing well. Major developers are now more than ever steering clear of it like the plague. It's hardware sales are impressive as a second place runner but its software sales are abysmal in contrast and after the debacle of the PSP2000 overhaul, people are more than entitled to their skepticism of the handheld's future. The UMD is also nothing to fawn over either, talk to any retailer at a used game store and you'll hear their share of the horror stories of the pitifully short life of UMD cartridges. Good for you that yours aren't falling apart, but the fact any are, and in the numbers they are, is not something easily ignored.

If you like it, good for you. If you don't, good for you. If you own both handhelds, then wow, let me shake your hand. But let's not spin the presentation of inarguable facts into accusations of hate speech m'kay?

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

Biggerboat said:
Smashchu said:
If the PSP hype is dead becuase there are no great gaming coing to it, yet the DS has plenty from both Nintendo and 3rd parties.

Sadly, the system was hyped on Sony's brand name (which isn't as strong today as it was about a year or two ago). In truth, that's not what the handheld market wanted. Nintendo capatilized on what made the GB line work before it. Battery life, durable, and had good software. Sony forcused on multimedia, which didn't help what normally psuhes handheld. In their defence though, it did allow the PSP to get somewhere and have 33% of the world handheld market; an accomplishment that deserves praise.

33% in hardware yes but how much in software and which category is the most important? Hardware sales flatter the PSP's real market position. If I had it my way the headline numbers on the main page would be game sales. If somebody buys a PS3 exclusively as a BR player or (for the sake of fairness) somebody buys a Wii solely as Wii Sports machine do they really help Sony or Nintendo cement their presence in the VG games industry? It's all about the games people!!

By the way I agree with the rest of your post!

Well, as you can tell, I focused on the hardware. The fact that is has some precent of the market alone gives it some credit. Thee other thing is of course the DS will win in terms of sorfware sold. More DSs vs PSPs. Of course, if your talking about # of gamers per system, then your argument makes perfect sences. I think for Sony, market shares matters more. for Nintendo, agmes sales. While Nintendo wanted to do better with the cube, they still made the most money, becuase they could sell their hardware. Sorr, I guess I'm rammbeling a bit.

Andd you did make a good point, even if I was trying to butcher it.

All hype has a short life span, but the PSP and DS will both live long and prosper. The systems are very, very different beasts, offer very different experiences, and have very different price-points ($129 vs. $169), so they really don't compete directly in the way that the Gamecube/Xbox/PS2 once did.

The DS has stylus control, the handy double screen, a compact design and terrific games. The PSP has an impressive screen and an astounding amount of horsepower under the hood, wifi and media playback, plus terrific games. One is more of a pure gaming device, the other more of a mobile media device.

Sporticus said:
People are entitled to like what they choose, but don't mistake objective observation for hate.

The PSP is not doing well. Major developers are now more than ever steering clear of it like the plague. It's hardware sales are impressive as a second place runner but its software sales are abysmal in contrast and after the debacle of the PSP2000 overhaul, people are more than entitled to their skepticism of the handheld's future. The UMD is also nothing to fawn over either, talk to any retailer at a used game store and you'll hear their share of the horror stories of the pitifully short life of UMD cartridges. Good for you that yours aren't falling apart, but the fact any are, and in the numbers they are, is not something easily ignored.

If you like it, good for you. If you don't, good for you. If you own both handhelds, then wow, let me shake your hand. But let's not spin the presentation of inarguable facts into accusations of hate speech m'kay?

Is this kber?  If so this is one of the most objective posts i've ever seen from him, nice one.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X