By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The PSP have a couple of problems when considering its its useability: it's too big as a pocket sized console and it has bad battery life. Just the opposite how Nintendo designed the DS.
PSP also has a problem with its games, at first every game released was a PS2 port and it really doesn't appeal to anyone who haven't been gaming before. Again an opposite to the DS.

So, PSP is "technology over people" and DS is "people over technology", thats the main reason i see why PSP lost it.

I have personally seen 2 PSP:s in the wild and numerous DS:s.

@leo-j. I would choose DQ over FF7, since i have played FF7 already, and i think that this resembles one problem with the PSP...

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

The PSP is a lost cause if you're looking to see it ever become anything more than it is now. Hardly anyone buys it for games anymore, this is more than proven by its lopsided hardware sales vs software sales. In terms of game quality, It's a PS3 vs Wii situation. Sony faithfuls will always say the PS3/PSP had the better games, but over time it's obviously clear that the Wii/DS has/will have more games and more appealing games to the masses.

The "WE HAD THE BETTER GAMES" manta will always be something cried by the loser, not the winner. That's the way it was with the Atari faithfuls with the Jaguar, the way it was with the SNK fans with the NEO GEO, the way it was with the Sega faithfuls with the Master Systerm, Genesis, Saturn and Dreamcast, the way it was with the Nintendo faithful with the N64 & GC, and now the way it is going to be with the Sony faithfuls with the PSP and PS3. All had great games, all made wonderful contributions to the gaming world, but all were losers, some even utter failures.

And Ckmlb, how can you claim something so subjective (which handheld will have the better games) to be a fact, but then attack other members in other threads for the doing the same thing when all they ever presented was their opinion? Could we please stop the hypocrisy, you're entitled to your opinion like anyone else, just please stop being so rude. Please get along with others.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

Soriku - stop posting in an antagonistic (look up the word) manner.

Everyone else - stop responding to him in kind. ;>

Sporticus said:

The "WE HAD THE BETTER GAMES" manta will always be something cried by the loser, not the winner. That's the way it was with the Atari faithfuls with the Jaguar, the way it was with the SNK fans with the NEO GEO, the way it was with the Sega faithfuls with the Master Systerm, Genesis, Saturn and Dreamcast, the way it was with the Nintendo faithful with the N64 & GC, and now the way it is going to be with the Sony faithfuls with the PSP and PS3. All had great games, all made wonderful contributions to the gaming world, but all were losers, some even utter failures.

Very well said.  I actually thought you were Kber81 (same avatar) and almost fell outmy chair thinking he typed something like that.

bdbdbd said:
The PSP have a couple of problems when considering its its useability: it's too big as a pocket sized console and it has bad battery life. Just the opposite how Nintendo designed the DS.
PSP also has a problem with its games, at first every game released was a PS2 port and it really doesn't appeal to anyone who haven't been gaming before. Again an opposite to the DS.

So, PSP is "technology over people" and DS is "people over technology", thats the main reason i see why PSP lost it.

@leo-j. I would choose DQ over FF7, since i have played FF7 already, and i think that this resembles one problem with the PSP...

First off its almost the same size as the ds, secound off it has the same batter life as the ds lite. The slim psp will not only weight less(the first weighed less than 1 pound), but its slimmer and comes in better colors. The psp might replace the ps2 as a home console!!

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
bdbdbd said:

First off its almost the same size as the ds, secound off it has the same batter life as the ds lite. The slim psp will not only weight less(the first weighed less than 1 pound), but its slimmer and comes in better colors. The psp might replace the ps2 as a home console!!

ALSO ff:7 cc is not FF7 its a spin off that is better than the original game(I hope)

mM

leo-j said:

psp-30-35million-  still selling well

Ds-50-55million-holding handheld thrown

Do you honestly expect the the PSP to sell 8-13 million before the DS sells 4-9 million???

How do you expect anyone  to take you seriously when you make predictions like this?

leo-j said:

First off its almost the same size as the ds, secound off it has the same batter life as the ds lite. The slim psp will not only weight less(the first weighed less than 1 pound), but its slimmer and comes in better colors.

DS Lite battery life: 15-19 hours

PSP battery life:3-6 hours

PSP2000 battery life with supplied battery:3-6 hours

PSP2000 with PSP battery: 8-10 hours

Add to that the fact that if you do want the 8-10 hour battery life, you're going to have the older, bigger, heavier battery which will probably make the PSP2000 weigh pretty close to the DS Lite and unbalanced. You phail.

LEO-J, just stop, if you have any hope of anyone ever taking your words on this forum seriously, then just stop...

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

The PSP hate here is strong, it's worse than most forums. I seriously laugh every time someone says PSP lacks good games.