By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
leo-j said:
twesterm said:
leo-j said:

First off its almost the same size as the ds, secound off it has the same batter life as the ds lite. The slim psp will not only weight less(the first weighed less than 1 pound), but its slimmer and comes in better colors.

DS Lite battery life: 15-19 hours

PSP battery life:3-6 hours

PSP2000 battery life with supplied battery:3-6 hours

PSP2000 with PSP battery: 8-10 hours

Add to that the fact that if you do want the 8-10 hour battery life, you're going to have the older, bigger, heavier battery which will probably make the PSP2000 weigh pretty close to the DS Lite and unbalanced. You phail.

WTF? 3-6 hours? What were you doing hacking your psp running the interent, music, and game at the same time or something? The average is 6-7 hours. Lite psp will probably have an average of 12-13 hours with the new battery, and the ds lite lasts an average of 9 hours.

That is all straight from Sony and I trust them more than you. Actually, we've had this conversation before when the specs for the PSP2000 were first announced. You thought 6-7 hours because 1) you don't have a concept of time and 2) you counted sleep time and only MP3 time. These figures come from actually using the PSP to game.

Also, these numbers come from having everything on the minimum setting so at that, the DS Lite lasts a 15-19 hours, with high brightness and some intense wireless gaming it lasts 9 hours.

Around the Network

The DS has won the war, no one can argue with that. Still, I like the PSP more (I will buy a DS when DQ IX gets released) Metal Gear Solid, GTA, Daxter, MGS: PO, Crisis Core, God Of War, Jeanne D'Arc, ... these ar all games that IN MY OPINION own the DS games, I only like the RPG's and Zelda on the DS.

ckmlb said:
Smashchu said:
If the PSP hype is dead becuase there are no great gaming coing to it, yet the DS has plenty from both Nintendo and 3rd parties.

The PSP has a better game lineup for the rest of this year than the DS does in the US.

Can you give me some examples. I'm not as endowed in PSP games. (Sorry for quoting older post)

johnsobas said:
Sporticus said:
People are entitled to like what they choose, but don't mistake objective observation for hate.

The PSP is not doing well. Major developers are now more than ever steering clear of it like the plague. It's hardware sales are impressive as a second place runner but its software sales are abysmal in contrast and after the debacle of the PSP2000 overhaul, people are more than entitled to their skepticism of the handheld's future. The UMD is also nothing to fawn over either, talk to any retailer at a used game store and you'll hear their share of the horror stories of the pitifully short life of UMD cartridges. Good for you that yours aren't falling apart, but the fact any are, and in the numbers they are, is not something easily ignored.

If you like it, good for you. If you don't, good for you. If you own both handhelds, then wow, let me shake your hand. But let's not spin the presentation of inarguable facts into accusations of hate speech m'kay?

Is this kber?  If so this is one of the most objective posts i've ever seen from him, nice one.

No, I'm not Kber, I just liked his avatar. I should probably change it to avoid further confusion.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

First time poster, I thought I would just add my two cents on the PSP. I am a former TG-16 and Sega supporter. I had a Dreamcast last generation and I now own a PSP and a Wii.

As for the PSP I hope it is not dead but it really needs better games. I have had one for a bit over a year now and I agree with everyone else who says it makes a great multimedia device. I travel a lot and that was what really sold it to me at first. I saw that feature and just assumed it would have good games. I have bought several of the higher ranked titles and found only Crush and Wipeout Pure worth playing. I have not written mine off and if some of the upcoming titles like D&D Tactics and God of War prove to be good players I might even update if the new version has better battery life. I have had a lot of people ask me about mine but I have always had to be honest and tell that that I think the gaming on it sucks ingeneral, which for most people I have mentioned this is no big deal. I love mine, it is my first Playstation product and I think it is great but the software is just weak. If the software continues to stink I think I may buy a DS to go with my Wii.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
greg said:
The PSP hate here is strong, it's worse than most forums. I seriously laugh every time someone says PSP lacks good games.

what is wrong with you? did even 1 person say in this thread that PSP had bad games? I heard about 3 or 4 people say PSP had better games than DS, and then i heard people say that was an opinion. I never heard a single person say DS had better games than PSP. Where's the hate? People saying DS is gonna outsell PSP, they must be real fucking geniuses to figure that one out.

...Did you actually READ any of the posts, alot of people are saying the problem with the PSP is the lack of quality titles, which is obviously isn't true. 

The PSP does lack quality titles. That doesn't mean there aren't any at all, but there clearly isn't enough. That is what people are saying, not that all PSP games suck period.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

Yes the software sales are pretty low considering, but the hardware sales are pretty high. Yes, they aren't as high as the DS, but they are close to Wii numbers and are more than all other consoles and handhelds.

The more hardware sales means that generally software sales will go up as well. So it's more likely that developers will make their money back on their games.

The PSP is far from dead. I can honestly see it still selling in 3-4 years time.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

davygee said:
Yes the software sales are pretty low considering, but the hardware sales are pretty high. Yes, they aren't as high as the DS, but they are close to Wii numbers and are more than all other consoles and handhelds.

The more hardware sales means that generally software sales will go up as well. So it's more likely that developers will make their money back on their games.

The PSP is far from dead. I can honestly see it still selling in 3-4 years time.

Actually, it's pretty general knowledge that hardware sales are high and software sales are low because a large amount of PSP owners pirate everything which makes developers reluctant to develop for the PSP.

ClaudeLv250 said:
*~Onna76~* said:
leo-j said:
Soriku said:
@leo-j Main series>Remake

FF7 CC isnt a remake genius.

I think he's refering more to FF, FF2 and FF Tactics plus the upcoming remakes of Star Ocean and Star Ocean 2... on the other hand DS also gets it's share of Square Enix remakes, FFIII already released, FFIV, and not to mention 3 Dragon Quest remakes... 1 plus 1 plus 3 = 5, 1 plus 1 plus 1 plus 2 = 5, hey what do you know... PSP vs DS Square Enix remakes we have a tie! *Unless I'm missing something*.

How do you folks think about Brave Story? Personally I loved the JP version and Jeanne d'Arc is pretty amazing as well.

There's actually 6 on the PSP's sidei f you count the (Japan only) Itadaki Street port with the FF characters tossed in.

Itadaki Street is a DS game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.