By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

the psp is pretty much dead period cause when you have to release a lite version just to immitate your competitor which did it a year before you that means your system is either dying or dead and are trying to get interest back into it to boost sales.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Around the Network
Biggerboat said:
Soriku said:
ckmlb said:
Smashchu said:
If the PSP hype is dead becuase there are no great gaming coing to it, yet the DS has plenty from both Nintendo and 3rd parties.

The PSP has a better game lineup for the rest of this year than the DS does in the US.

Opinion=/=Fact

Agreed, I find ckmlb does this a lot.

No, the PSP has more titles coming in the US THIS year that will give better scores. The Phantom Hourglass and Professor Layten are really the only big games coming to DS this year, but its really doesn't need em. The DS will still sell kabillion of Nintendogs, New Super Mario Bros, and Brain Training.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

scorptile said:
the psp is pretty much dead period cause when you have to release a lite version just to immitate your competitor which did it a year before you that means your system is either dying or dead and are trying to get interest back into it to boost sales.

Kinda like when Nintendo released the DSL whenever the PSP was whipping it in hardware and software??? (US and EU....)

scorptile said:

The PSP Lite could have been a great thing that really boosted sales.  When I first saw the official statement that they were redesigning the PSP I was open to buying one.  After I saw what the redesign actually was I forgot about the PSP again.  The problem with the PSP2000 is that Sony built it to what they wanted and didn't listen at all to what consumers wanted (longer battery life, not more efficient with the same life was the main one for me).

Upgrading from the DS to the DS Lite made a lot of sense it really did improve just about they could, the PSP2000 is just a giant slap in the face. 

Soriku said:
@leo-j Main series>Remake

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core isn't a remake. Besides that fact that none of us have played either of the game; don't use that argument.

Around the Network
Soriku said:

FF7 CC isnt a remake genius.

mM
Smashchu said:
If the PSP hype is dead becuase there are no great gaming coing to it, yet the DS has plenty from both Nintendo and 3rd parties.

Sadly, the system was hyped on Sony's brand name (which isn't as strong today as it was about a year or two ago). In truth, that's not what the handheld market wanted. Nintendo capatilized on what made the GB line work before it. Battery life, durable, and had good software. Sony forcused on multimedia, which didn't help what normally psuhes handheld. In their defence though, it did allow the PSP to get somewhere and have 33% of the world handheld market; an accomplishment that deserves praise.

No great gaming??

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice
Jeanne d'Arc
Socom: Tactical Strike
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
God of War: Chains of Olmypus
Dead Head Fred
Monster Hunter Freedom 2
LocoRoco 2
Syphon Filter 2: Logan's Shadow

There are some great games coming and more than half those games are 3rd party.

outlawauron said:
Biggerboat said:
Soriku said:
ckmlb said:
Smashchu said:

The PSP has a better game lineup for the rest of this year than the DS does in the US.

Opinion=/=Fact

Agreed, I find ckmlb does this a lot.

No, the PSP has more titles coming in the US THIS year that will give better scores. The Phantom Hourglass and Professor Layten are really the only big games coming to DS this year, but its really doesn't need em. The DS will still sell kabillion of Nintendogs, New Super Mario Bros, and Brain Training.

That's just speculation and even if it proves to be the case it's still down to the individual to decide which lineup suits them best.

I could say that Halo3 WILL be better than Killzone2, after all it's from a better developer going by previous game reviews but I think I would encounter some resistance & rightfully so!

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

crisis core is a spin-off

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

leo-j said:
Soriku said:

FF7 CC isnt a remake genius.

I think he's refering more to FF, FF2 and FF Tactics plus the upcoming remakes of Star Ocean and Star Ocean 2... on the other hand DS also gets it's share of Square Enix remakes, FFIII already released, FFIV, and not to mention 3 Dragon Quest remakes... 1 plus 1 plus 3 = 5, 1 plus 1 plus 1 plus 2 = 5, hey what do you know... PSP vs DS Square Enix remakes we have a tie! *Unless I'm missing something*.

How do you folks think about Brave Story? Personally I loved the JP version and Jeanne d'Arc is pretty amazing as well.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo