By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats The Greatest Game Of All Time?

MeTc123_VG_EditioN_ said:
Omega_Phazon_Pirate. said:
Earthbound/Mother 2!
Followed closely by Mother 3, Paper Mario: TTYD, Paper Mario 64, SSBB, and SSB64. :D
I have lots, and like to include all but these are probably my all time favourite.

Paper Mario 64 was Awesome man!!

Ya I know.  I'm still pretty surprised by how will it did considering this was one of the last games for the N64 and the fact that the PS2 and Dreamcast were already out.  I downloaded it on my Wii and I still play it.  Ah, such good times.  I liked TTYD better though, but both are really great games.  SPM was alright, but I hope if there is a PM4, that they go back to turn based. 

leo-j said:
Im guessing very little people played metal gear solid 4..

I rented MGS4, and don't get me wrong, it is really a good game and probably one of the best this generation, but imo, it's over rated.  I probably will buy it this Summer once I have more time on my hands.  I mean some of the cutscenes are ridiculously long.

Around the Network

Ocarina of Time, since then, no game ever came close to the feeling i had playing that game, it was marvelous.

Think for yourself, question authority

mike_intellivision said:
Pirates (PC).

Diner (Intellivision).

I would say Tower of Doom (Intellivision) if there was a way to save mid-game.

Mike from Morgantown

I still stand by Utopia as the best intellivision game... way ahead of its time.  And of course, B-17 Bomber was truly an amazing flight/war game too.. very realistic for the early 80s.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

abroZ said:
Ocarina of Time, since then, no game ever came close to the feeling i had playing that game, it was marvelous.

"Now thats a post" lol

BoFIII, FFVI, FFIX, Kingdom Hearts 2, SO: Second Story

Really hard to choose between those.

Edit: Omg, Secret of Evermore was one of my favorites of all time.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

Around the Network

Ocarina of Time, I've never had a gaming experience top that one, and its been 10 years now. Super Metroid is up there also.

Its all subjective though.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

single game hard to pick

multiple picks would be:

RPG: LoZ:OiT
Platformer: mario 64/sonic 2
fighting: SF2,MK2,VF2,SC
Puzzle:tetris
Racing: GT3:AS, daytona USA
FPS: doom, wolf3D

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

I really enjoyed Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

There's no way to answer with a single game, so a list it is.

Elite
Civilization
Monkey Island 1&2
Star Control 2
Dungeon Master

Action Quake 2 is the greatest game of all time. No doubt about it.
Wc3, Starcraft, Super Mario 64/Galaxy, Quake 3 and Super smash is great too