By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The legs of Heavenly Sword: How does it do it?

Blood_Tears said:
fulcizombie said:
Terrible game that sold terribly .It wouldn't surprise me if NT becomes the next free radical or factor 5 . The game is just massively overtracked in this site .

It's okay to swallow those bitter tears. I know it must be hard to get aroused by this game and not be able to play with her...i mean the game.

So either show proof of your claim or stfu and get out of the thread Troll...

loool,,he is the same guy that said Sony and MS should not be mentioned in the same sentence since MS is so awesome.

We have a MS lover on our hands here i m afraid .no not a MS fanboy but rather a MS lover.

Around the Network

It isn't that impressive, if you compare it to the other major Sony games last year with the most recent weekly sales, then you would see that Uncharted (96k) is thrashing it, and Ratchet is also selling 25k, though it has sold more overall.

If you look at others, where they are all cut price, Uncharted sold 32k, Ratchet sold 18k, and HS does not chart. In America, HS sold 15k, showing it is not just the cut price in Europe helping sales. I do think the Sony brand is what is keeping this going

DMeisterJ said:
Maybe Sony Santa Monica will take over Heavenly Sword after God of War 3 ends.

God I hope so. That would also make some sense, since they're the same type of game and such.

My only fear about that would be that teh franchise might become the "God of War Clone" that so many proclaim the first to be.  If they can stick with a similar artstyle, actors, character designs, and combat, I'd be cool with it.

Munkeh111 said:
It isn't that impressive, if you compare it to the other major Sony games last year with the most recent weekly sales, then you would see that Uncharted (96k) is thrashing it, and Ratchet is also selling 25k, though it has sold more overall.

If you look at others, where they are all cut price, Uncharted sold 32k, Ratchet sold 18k, and HS does not chart. In America, HS sold 15k, showing it is not just the cut price in Europe helping sales. I do think the Sony brand is what is keeping this going

I was comparing it to games in similar genres.  The hack n' slash genre has never really lit up the charts.  God of War is the best selling franchise in the genre, and the first God of War only sold 3.21 million.

The sequel is only at 2.37 million, and probably won't even hit 3 million, because the next gen killed its legs.

makingmusic476 said:
A better example of Heavenly Sword's great legs:

Hmmm...... I think I have a theory about the greats le... SALES!! Yes, about the sales!

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Interesting and the game is still selling at 60$, I'd buy instantly if it would become a greatest hits.

makingmusic476 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Maybe Sony Santa Monica will take over Heavenly Sword after God of War 3 ends.

God I hope so. That would also make some sense, since they're the same type of game and such.

My only fear about that would be that teh franchise might become the "God of War Clone" that so many proclaim the first to be.  If they can stick with a similar artstyle, actors, character designs, and combat, I'd be cool with it.

They just need to hire the combat director, the chick who founded Ninja Theory, and Andy Serkis (and the other actors) to do it again.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

makingmusic476 said:
Munkeh111 said:

I was comparing it to games in similar genres.  The hack n' slash genre has never really lit up the charts.  God of War is the best selling franchise in the genre, and the first God of War only sold 3.21 million.

The sequel is only at 2.37 million, and probably won't even hit 3 million, because the next gen killed its legs.

Nah it will hit those 3 M sooner or later but we will probably never find out with PS2 sales shifting from US/Japan/west europe to east europe and other developing countries.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

cool48 said:
Interesting and the game is still selling at 60$, I'd buy instantly if it would become a greatest hits.

Awkward.

In Europe Heavenly Sword sells for €30 (which in practice is equivalent to $30).

But other 1 year old games like Halo 3, Assassin's Cred and Uncharted are even cheaper.

New games are €60 (except those with an early sale such as LBP, Far Cry2 and R2 which sell for €45).

if you really wanna consider this legs...

This gen only COD, Wii and DS games seem to have legs... REAL legs.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.