By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I was checking on our old buddy Bruce on games today and...

He's still up to his old Wii hate, this guy predicted Wii's demise over a year ago even getting into the whole fad debate, now he's vamping it up for 2009 with this crock of shit: (be advised you may want a few minutes of your life back)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will the Wii bubble now finally burst?

For two years now analysts have been predicting the imminent demise of the Wii. They have become a bit quiet recently as it chalks up ever more amazing sales success. Yet there are a few reasons why what we are seeing now is the end of the boom.

• Any bubble bursts just as it reaches its biggest size. And the Wii is now selling in massively unsustainable numbers. It just cannot go on.
  • The penetration of HDTVs has increased massively over the last two years. Thus cruelly exposing the Wii’s last generation graphics to far more people.
  • The Xbox 360 is cheaper.
  • The Xbox 360 is a huge amount better than the Wii. It has far more games and vastly more good games. And it has Live, by far the best online gaming portal. Gradually the public will come round to understanding these realities.
  • The Wii has a very weak game library. The first party games, a few good third party games. Then lots of dross shovelware. And game consoles are for playing games.
  • Nintendo have now rolled out all their great and famous properties on the Wii. So they have very few places left to go for the stream of AAA titles needed to sustain a platform.
  • The Wii is not making much money for many publishers so they are voting with their feet and allocating their resources to platforms that will make them money.
  • Most of the Wii customer base is the very casual “toy” market. They will be very fickle as they move onto the next “must have” trend. The Wii will become tired.
  • Money is getting a lot tighter as the world tips into recession. Casual frippery, like most Wii purchases, will be an early casualty.
  • Most people likely to buy a Wii already have. In terms of market penetration Nintendo are now going to suffer from the law of diminishing returns.

So there we have it. Plenty of reasons why the Wii must eventually face the inevitable. And because the boom has been so massive the collapse of sales will be equally dramatic. And when will this be? Let’s put it this way, we are experiencing the last big Christmas for the Wii.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I don't want the douchebag to get any hits don't go to his site, I copy/pasted the whole article, many of his ideas and opinions are baseless with no fact to back it up, I mean just the point of him talking about Wii not making third parties money is complete shit... I mean developers are closing their doors cause of high production costs of games on PS3/360/PC now coupled with the recession... the shovelware isn't making some developers money and making gamers pissed so they don't buy that developers products when there is a real effort cause they don't want to be burned... he makes people out to be mindless sheep...

But really there are a lot of flaws and thinking about them will give me a headache so why don't you guys discuss and comment on our good old retarded formerposter/troll/spammer/friend Bruce on Games.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

He is a troll like Pachter. I still dont get it why someone listens to these guys. Its over, the Wii won. Why being stubborn and keep denying about this?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

You were correct. I do want a few minutes of my life back.

I do have a theory though. I don't think Bruce on Games is real. He is merely the ghostwriter of leo-j's opinions. He just makes it all flow better and more legible. This is very plausible since last week leo's mom and I were talking and she's been wondering where he spends his allowance money at. She says it's just vanishing.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

You were correct. I do want a few minutes of my life back.

I do have a theory though. I don't think Bruce on Games is real. He is merely the ghostwriter of leo-j's opinions. He just makes it all flow better and more legible. This is very plausible since last week leo's mom and I were talking and she's been wondering where he spends his allowance money at. She says it's just vanishing.

Hey I gave fair warning now didn't I?  hehe...

But that is a good theory, I mean leo could very well run a gaming site/blog with that milk money of his.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Bruce is such a massive idiot, his arguments are simply terrible and i really cant believe he gets money for what he says.

People like him do not really know why the wii is selling so much, they think it's because of price, lack of HD TV's, fad bla bla bla they do not get that people simply prefer it to the HD twins.

Around the Network

What? People still doubt the Wii?

Ahh someone posted this a few days ago here, was a funny read... still is

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Lolcislaw said:
Bruce is such a massive idiot, his arguments are simply terrible and i really cant believe he gets money for what he says.

He gets paid?! For that?! Holy crap. There's a lot of people on this site that need to quit their fast food jobs and get whatever drive thru college degree got him this gig.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Even after the wii sells like crazy all through next year, This guy will probably still go on with this crap. Count on it.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

He really is the knuckle dragging neanderthal of the gaming prediction/analyst community, he's so far behind in times he's not moved on to the new argument that Wii has no games. Really I can't comprehend how someone could be so narrow minded, short sighted, and naive, but then I remember that he gets paid for page hits and hating the most popular system will bring in a lot of hatred page hits which is what retards like him want, there is no low that gaming journalists won't sink to.