By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The things we will put up with.

Slimebeast said:
Senlis said:
Slimebeast said:
Wall of text.

I don't see the problem.

I download all my stuff for the PC for free (OS, programs, games) - except for those rare cases when I need the all so important CD key to be able to play a game online, only then I'll have to buy a retail copy.

So you say you pirate everything?  If so, you are contributing to the problem.

If you say you use all freeware, my mistake.  But the last part "when I need the all so important CD key" implies otherwise.

Yeah kinda, lol. Pretty much everyone in Sweden pirate their PC games, with the exception of buying just to get hold of a legit CD key. You're basically being called an idiot here if you're paying for off-line PC games.

Don't worry, come April 2009, and all the swedish pirates like you will get screwed when the new anti-piracy law is in full effect.

Around the Network
shio said:
Slimebeast said:
Senlis said:
Slimebeast said:
Wall of text.

I don't see the problem.

I download all my stuff for the PC for free (OS, programs, games) - except for those rare cases when I need the all so important CD key to be able to play a game online, only then I'll have to buy a retail copy.

If you say you use all freeware, my mistake.  But the last part "when I need the all so important CD key" implies otherwise.

Yeah kinda, lol. Pretty much everyone in Sweden pirate their PC games, with the exception of buying just to get hold of a legit CD key. You're basically being called an idiot here if you're paying for off-line PC games.

Don't worry, come April 2009, and all the swedish pirates like you will get screwed when the new anti-piracy law is in full effect.

Did the law pass already? Haven't heard anything new since the end of October. Also, the law stated that the copyright holder will need a probable cause for the warrant to get the ISPs to talk. Due to the archaic and often errenous evidence gathering over there on such things I doubt too many will manage to pull that off. The EU has been very back and forth about the whole piracy issue.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Then use linux :D

Huh? I've had no trouble using the same copy/key of Windows over and over. I've had to get new HD, motherboard, reformats, etc. I can use it as many time as I'd like, it seems.

However, that is Windows XP.  I know nothing about Vista.

shio said:
Slimebeast said:
Senlis said:
Slimebeast said:
Wall of text.

I don't see the problem.

lol, no way. That law is a toothless wussy law (not that laws are very effective against piracy anyway). The risk of getting caught and sued by publishers, movie & game companies will be next to zero.

I'll keep on getting all my stuff for free.

Around the Network
Fayceless said:

Huh? I've had no trouble using the same copy/key of Windows over and over. I've had to get new HD, motherboard, reformats, etc. I can use it as many time as I'd like, it seems.

However, that is Windows XP.  I know nothing about Vista.

There is what is supposed to happen and what actually happens.  When you get a new motherboard, legally (according to the EULA) you must get a new copy of Windows (XP or Vista, it doesn't matter).  In reality, there is nothing stoping you from re-activating the same license on a different motherboard.

Even though I don't like piracy and try my best not to be part of it.  I do transfer Windows licenses.  I guess I'm not perfect either, but I don't have an moral standing against transferring licenses as long as the license is no longer in use on the other computer.  I think it is crap that Windows tries to make you buy a new license.  They put it in the EULA because they know people will continue to buy their product no matter what they put in there.

EDIT: This post was directed at the wrong person.

Soleron said:
I've just had to reinstall Vista twice because Windows Updates crashed it and then a graphics driver blue-screened it a day later. I would suggest looking at alternatives with less hassle - XP, Mac OS X, even Linux if you really don't like EULAs.

With all the questions I asked you during my Ubuntu installation I think you would remember I already switched to linux.

I'm so glad I use a Mac.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Senlis said:
Soleron said:

With all the questions I asked you during my Ubuntu installation I think you would remember I already switched to linux.

...didn't see the thread starter. I apologise.