By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The things we will put up with.

vlad321 said:
Squilliam said:

I put over 150 hours between Fallout 3 and Fable 2. Not one crash. If I had been playing them on PC I would have expected between 1-20 crashes in that time. I have only had my console crash once on my in thousands of hours of playtime.

Last time I crashed was.... I remember Crysis when I pushed it on my sad computer :/ Thet LAST freeze I had was on ummm, PoP I think.

Last time I crashed was... Uhm... Wait... No... Maybe that one... Nope... Yes, it was parkan 2 because of bad crack(oops). Before that I can't even remember. Fallout 3 didn't crash even a single time when I played it. Neither have crashed any other game lately.

Around the Network
Deneidez said:
vlad321 said:
Squilliam said:

I put over 150 hours between Fallout 3 and Fable 2. Not one crash. If I had been playing them on PC I would have expected between 1-20 crashes in that time. I have only had my console crash once on my in thousands of hours of playtime.

Last time I crashed was.... I remember Crysis when I pushed it on my sad computer :/ Thet LAST freeze I had was on ummm, PoP I think.

Last time I crashed was... Uhm... Wait... No... Maybe that one... Nope... Yes, it was parkan 2 because of bad crack(oops). Before that I can't even remember. Fallout 3 didn't crash even a single time when I played it. Neither have crashed any other game lately.

Well I'll be honest, I crashed them since I pushed them at max settings on my laptop when I know it can't handle it. Haven't really had any freezes or crashes where I lose any info.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Get Linux dude. If you don't like M$ policies, tell them to f**k off by using something else.

Wall of text.

I don't see the problem.

I download all my stuff for the PC for free (OS, programs, games) - except for those rare cases when I need the all so important CD key to be able to play a game online, only then I'll have to buy a retail copy.

I just don't get the DRM stuff, all it prevents is the stupidest of people from pirating. Anyone with a brain can torrent and get a stripped version (I don't because of moral issues). No matter what MS does all of asia and other poorer nations will continue to pirate it's OS.

And yes the EULA does bother me, but I'm writing this from a Mandriva Desktop so take that.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
Get Linux dude. If you don't like M$ policies, tell them to f**k off by using something else.

Right now I am using Linux Mint.

Slimebeast said:
Wall of text.

I don't see the problem.

I download all my stuff for the PC for free (OS, programs, games) - except for those rare cases when I need the all so important CD key to be able to play a game online, only then I'll have to buy a retail copy.

So you say you pirate everything?  If so, you are contributing to the problem.

If you say you use all freeware, my mistake.  But the last part "when I need the all so important CD key" implies otherwise.

Senlis said:
Slimebeast said:
Wall of text.

I don't see the problem.

So you say you pirate everything?  If so, you are contributing to the problem.

If you say you use all freeware, my mistake.  But the last part "when I need the all so important CD key" implies otherwise.

Yeah kinda, lol. Pretty much everyone in Sweden pirate their PC games, with the exception of buying just to get hold of a legit CD key. You're basically being called an idiot here if you're paying for off-line PC games.

Why is it like that in Sweden? Are the games really expensive? I learned from the Zero Punctuation threads that games are double price in Australia.

Not more expensive games here than anywhere else. Console games usually cost $70, PC games less than $50.

I guess one of the reasons is that broad-band connections are very strong in Sweden, and always have been (relative to the rest of Western countries). It's easy and fast to torrent stuff.