By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Play outsold PS3

I'm not really suprised, Wii play is popular, it has some simple relaxing games and some people enjoy it. It would sell well (not to that extent) even without controller.

I think Wii Fit will outsell PS3, i dont see why not there is just such a demand for that product that still cannot be found in most places.

Around the Network
cool48 said:
alfredofroylan said:
Damstr8 said:
50 dollar product versus a 400 dollar product....

Just wondering. How many games have passed the sales of a console?

Well for starters, six games sold more than the Gamecube.

Gamecube total sales : 21.59M

1 Super Mario Bros. Nintendo 17,082 8.06 40.24m 31st Oct 08
2 Wii Sports Nintendo 68,300 7.86 37.97m 24th Sep 08
3 Pokemon Red / Green / Blue Nintendo 13,206 7.85 31.38m 25th Sep 08
4 Tetris Nintendo 6,003 7.82 30.26m 05th Apr 08
5 Duck Hunt Nintendo 6,239 7.78 28.31m 26th Mar 08
6 Pokemon Gold / Silver Nintendo 6,041 7.84 23.11m

26th Oct 08

So you are comparing the best selling Nintendo titles of all time on it's best selling console and handheld of all time from a completely differnent generation to the worst selling Nintendo console of all time, not exactly a fair comparison. None of the best selling games from the PS2 outsold the Gamecube.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Wii Play is a good $10 game even just for Tanks.
(>'.')>

macross said:
This is the best strategy that ever seen in Gaming Industry.

Maybe Sony should pack DS3 with LBP or something similar...

Maybe LBP should get a storyline. Mario stomps Sackboy in so many ways.

in other news apples are actually outsellibg ford cars. *shock*

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Ah. Today the PS3, give it a few more months and it'll take over the 360.

I doubt it. The 360 will be over 30 mil consoles sold by the middle of next year (Especially with the price drop).

It's a shame that crappy games like this sell that much (but people is buying it for the free controller).

Anyway, I don't see the good point of this. I mean, we gamers want to play games like Wii Play (crap), Wii Fit (let's go out and make some real exercice please), Mario Kart Wii (worse than the DS version which is great), Animal Crossing Wii (the same as GameCube and DS), Wii Sports (it's only fun to play at first, controls are inacurate and very simple)?

I'd quit playing games if the only options were these games. I loved when Nintendo made good games, but now with the Wii (except Mario Galaxy, Zelda and Metroid) it is insulting. Moreover, most people buy the Wii to try it and get bored veeeeeeeeeeery quickly.

Luckily we can choose PS3 or 360 and play some real games... As I said in another post... I hope the PS3 and 360 combined will outsell the Wii, at least in sofware sales, so we can continue having great games in the future.

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!

Usul said:
It's a shame that crappy games like this sell that much (but people is buying it for the free controller).

You underestimate peoples taste.

Anyway, I don't see the good point of this. I mean, we gamers want to play games like Wii Play (crap), Wii Fit (let's go out and make some real exercice please), Mario Kart Wii (worse than the DS version which is great), Animal Crossing Wii (the same as GameCube and DS), Wii Sports (it's only fun to play at first, controls are inacurate and very simple)?

Um....you do know that Nintendo broke the non-gamer market when they came out with the Wii right? The Wii is like the ultimate party system. Its the only system this gen that you can accurately say has a proportionate amount of female owners as males.

I'd quit playing games if the only options were these games. I loved when Nintendo made good games, but now with the Wii (except Mario Galaxy, Zelda and Metroid) it is insulting. Moreover, most people buy the Wii to try it and get bored veeeeeeeeeeery quickly.

At least Nintendo can pump out top selling 1st party games unlike their competitors.

Luckily we can choose PS3 or 360 and play some real games... As I said in another post... I hope the PS3 and 360 combined will outsell the Wii, at least in sofware sales, so we can continue having great games in the future.

PS3 and the 360 do not represent the future of gaming. Enjoy the "real" games why they last. I may be PS360 but i'm living in reality here.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

At least Nintendo can pump out top selling 1st party games unlike their competitors.

Well, they don't have a lot of competitors. Most of its catalogue is absolut crap.

PS3 and the 360 do not represent the future of gaming. Enjoy the "real" games why they last. I may be PS360 but i'm living in reality here.

Enjoying high quality games now. Don't know about the furute of gaming, I just hope it won't be made of very simplistic and effortless developed games.

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!

Just now?

I mean... how can you resist an extra game for 10 dollars?

The combat tanks game makes it worth it too.