By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Play outsold PS3

Lolcislaw said:
Usul said:
It's a shame that crappy games like this sell that much (but people is buying it for the free controller).

Anyway, I don't see the good point of this. I mean, we gamers want to play games like Wii Play (crap), Wii Fit (let's go out and make some real exercice please), Mario Kart Wii (worse than the DS version which is great), Animal Crossing Wii (the same as GameCube and DS), Wii Sports (it's only fun to play at first, controls are inacurate and very simple)?

I'd quit playing games if the only options were these games. I loved when Nintendo made good games, but now with the Wii (except Mario Galaxy, Zelda and Metroid) it is insulting. Moreover, most people buy the Wii to try it and get bored veeeeeeeeeeery quickly.

Luckily we can choose PS3 or 360 and play some real games... As I said in another post... I hope the PS3 and 360 combined will outsell the Wii, at least in sofware sales, so we can continue having great games in the future.

Wow this is classic fanboyism "Wii has no Games"  argument is pretty old and i dont think anyone treats it seriously anymore. It's ridicilous how fanboys like you think that they have superior taste to everyone else involved in gaming because you're hardcore or something? 

For one you should be happy that this hobby becomes mainstream and no longer is associated with bunch of geeks in a basement.

And another classic fanboy argument "I used to be a Nintendo fan" right (why does so many PS3 fanboys say it?),  Ninty does not release as many games like in N64/GC era?, they do but you dislike them for games you dont even play, that appeal to different people.  Fanboys are sad just sad....

Not a fanboy. I have a PS3 and a DS (and had a SNES and N64 besides PC gaming) and I enjoy a lot both of them (one at home and the other at train).

And what it is sad is people being happy because a whole bunch of crappy games are being developed and sell millions of units. What's sad is companies making profits without any effort punt into games and people still buying them (then regreting it, of course). What's sad is selling games that look very similar to their DS counterparts. What's freak is playing Wii Sports or Wii Fit instead of going outside to play any sport or go to the gym.

And yes, the Wii catalogue is horrible if the VC is not considered.

I first though the Wii controllers had a lot of potential but I don't think its controls are acurate or make playing funnier, maybe in the next generation we'll see good motion controllers that actually reproduce your movements. I actually found that RE4 controls were excellent with the wii remote as an execption.

And all those games (or programs) selling millions is a bit worrying. Let's only hope that casuals get into gaming and demand more quality games. There are some good casual games, but most of them are crap because there was no effort put into them.

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:
Neoraf said:
Gilgamesh said:
amp316 said:
Gilgamesh said:

For now

C'mon man. Do you really think that PS3s are going to start outselling it?

I just can't see Wii Play hitting 50 million and the PS3 should definitely sell over 50 million.

LOL, PS3, 50 million?
You must be kidding...

In 2016 maybe... if it stay on the market until then.

by 2016 the PS3 should easily be able to hit 65 million, its not going to be $400 forever ya know

... Assuming that the PS3 doesn't struggle to sell after the next generation of consoles begin (like most trailing consoles do), third party publishers do not focus most of their late generation efforts on the leading console (like they have done in the past), and the PS3 can maintain its sales throughout the generation.

The main flaw (in my opinion) of the "Wait until they reduce the price" argument for future PS3 performance can be expressed with the question "How many people who are willing to spend $300 (or more) on a console will not own a Wii, PS3 or XBox 360 by the time the PS3 is $300?"

Usul said:
Lolcislaw said:
Usul said:
It's a shame that crappy games like this sell that much (but people is buying it for the free controller).

Anyway, I don't see the good point of this. I mean, we gamers want to play games like Wii Play (crap), Wii Fit (let's go out and make some real exercice please), Mario Kart Wii (worse than the DS version which is great), Animal Crossing Wii (the same as GameCube and DS), Wii Sports (it's only fun to play at first, controls are inacurate and very simple)?

I'd quit playing games if the only options were these games. I loved when Nintendo made good games, but now with the Wii (except Mario Galaxy, Zelda and Metroid) it is insulting. Moreover, most people buy the Wii to try it and get bored veeeeeeeeeeery quickly.

Luckily we can choose PS3 or 360 and play some real games... As I said in another post... I hope the PS3 and 360 combined will outsell the Wii, at least in sofware sales, so we can continue having great games in the future.

Wow this is classic fanboyism "Wii has no Games"  argument is pretty old and i dont think anyone treats it seriously anymore. It's ridicilous how fanboys like you think that they have superior taste to everyone else involved in gaming because you're hardcore or something? 

For one you should be happy that this hobby becomes mainstream and no longer is associated with bunch of geeks in a basement.

And another classic fanboy argument "I used to be a Nintendo fan" right (why does so many PS3 fanboys say it?),  Ninty does not release as many games like in N64/GC era?, they do but you dislike them for games you dont even play, that appeal to different people.  Fanboys are sad just sad....

Not a fanboy. I have a PS3 and a DS (and had a SNES and N64 besides PC gaming) and I enjoy a lot both of them (one at home and the other at train).

And what it is sad is people being happy because a whole bunch of crappy games are being developed and sell millions of units. What's sad is companies making profits without any effort punt into games and people still buying them (then regreting it, of course). What's sad is selling games that look very similar to their DS counterparts. What's freak is playing Wii Sports or Wii Fit instead of going outside to play any sport or go to the gym.

I first though the Wii controllers had a lot of potential but I don't think its controls are acurate or make playing funnier, maybe in the next generation we'll see good motion controllers that actually reproduce your movements. I actually found that RE4 controls were excellent with the wii remote as an execption.

And all those games (or programs) selling millions is a bit worrying. Let's only hope that casuals get into gaming and demand more quality games. There are some good casual games, but most of them are crap because there was no effort put into them.

It might be sad for you and some people, but you shouldn't forget that the objective is PROFIT.

Formação do indíviduo, transformação da sociedade.

poor sony...

WiiFit and Mario Kart will also outsell the PS3...

Around the Network

Boom. Headshot.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

DanielD said:
Usul said:
Lolcislaw said:
Usul said:

It might be sad for you and some people, but you shouldn't forget that the objective is PROFIT.

I know and understand it. It's all about profits for companies, but for gamers...I don't get why some people are happy because low quality games sell a lot more that high quality ones.

Anyway, I don't mind since companies still make a good variety of fun games with enough quality.

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!

Does someone really care? :)

Hammertime said:

Hilariously, Nintendo would have made a profit with every copy of Wii Play sold, wheras Sony made a loss with every PS3 sold....so not only did the Wii thrash the PS3 this generation...so did Wii Play!!

So did a lot of games. 

Heck by that standard No More Heroes thrashed the PS3 if we're using profit as the indicator.

Well everything did... since PS3's negative profit is immense.

Usul said:

I know and understand it. It's all about profits for companies, but for gamers...I don't get why some people are happy because low quality games sell a lot more that high quality ones.

Anyway, I don't mind since companies still make a good variety of fun games with enough quality.

Well, the quality of the game is debateable and will depend heavily on your perspective on what gaming is ... Realistically, the vast majority of people reject all games because they do not offer entertainment that interests them; consider that a game that sells to 2.5% of gamers is a blockbuster success.