By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
noname2200 said:
Xen said:
Roma said:
And damn does Sony know how to kill companies, this is the second supporter… well good bye guys…

Release shite, and the end result shall be shite for you as well.

It'd be nice if this was true, but there are some major exceptions...For example, the makers of

]

would take serious issue with that blanket statement.

When did Capcom release shite? Okami and VJ.. Clover team.. or something? those games are great, I don't see the connection dude... sure, the team is defunct now (I think), but people adore their games.

Around the Network
Xen said:
noname2200 said:
Xen said:
Roma said:

When did Capcom release shite? Okami and VJ.. Clover team.. or something? those games are great, I don't see the connection dude... sure, the team is defunct now (I think), but people adore their games.

Right...which is why your blanket (implied) statement is incorrect. Releasing quality games does not guarantee a good result for the developers. Clover is just one example.

frybread said:
Each studio's final game was a PS3 exclusive.

Both games were poorly reviewed. And had low sales. Not to mention all around the reception of the games were very poor. It's not just High PS3 development cost. It's development of high budget games that just weren't good, so ended up not selling well.....

4 ≈ One

noname2200 said:
Xen said:
noname2200 said:
Xen said:
Roma said:

Right...which is why your blanket (implied) statement is incorrect. Releasing quality games does not guarantee a good result for the developers. Clover is just one example.

Not entirely correct... the result for them is bad from one side since they are now defunct, but good from the other since their work lives on.

A more correct way of showing this statement as incorrect would be showing a company that releases crap and gets away with it.

Xen said:
noname2200 said:
Xen said:
noname2200 said:
Xen said:
Roma said:

Not entirely correct... the result for them is bad from one side since they are now defunct, but good from the other since their work lives on.

A more correct way of showing this statement as incorrect would be showing a company that releases crap and gets away with it.

I'm not an artist, just a dude with bills to pay, so I'm willing to say that having my work live on is zero consolation to being unemployed...I guess I'm funny that way. But considering how bitter some of Clover's ex-employees were in interviews, I don't think I was the only one.

But very well, we can see companies releasing crap and profiting off it too. Ubisoft's "casual" games (until recently, at least) are probably the lion's share of their profits. EA was king when it pumped out crap (now that it's making good games? Not so much). D3 actually reached a profit making stuff like Ninjabread Man, and a profit it something most Western publishers can't seem to do any more. And so on and so on. Happy?

Edit: That came out sounding testier than I intended. My bad.

Around the Network

@ kenny

Your Fatality made me laugh to the death,,, nice gif !!!!!!!!
Well, materazi deserves more than just a fatality if u ask me :)

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Good bye to those Wii projects. The industry is nearing a crash and the economic crisis doesnt help a bit.

Let's hope someone else finishes the projects. Nintendo will never buy another company again, so Kid Icarus may see a sad fate.

Damn, I wonder what this does to the Wii games they were working on.

It's still a shame, Factor 5 has made some good games over the year.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

message to all developers. Give it up and start making party and puzzle games for the wii!

theprof00 said:
message to all developers. Give it up and start making party and puzzle games for the wii!

And light-gun shooters! We love us our light-gun shooters.