By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

@ Zucas

Factor 5 had confirmed they were making a game for nintendo exclusively for wii, we just didnt know what that project was

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network
woopah said:
@ Zucas

Factor 5 had confirmed they were making a game for nintendo exclusively for wii, we just didnt know what that project was

I know that.  What I don't know if that exclusive was being published by a 3rd party or by Nintendo.  If it was being published by Nintendo and they were investing resources into it, then the fall of Factor 5 would hurt them.  Meaning they'd probably just absorb them.  However if they weren't publishing the title then they had no investments in the project meaning letting it go down doesn't hurt them.

@ Zucas

what i meant is that they confimred they were making a wii exclusive that nintendo was publishing. its was completely sperate from the superman game they were making for brash

woopah said:
@ Zucas

what i meant is that they confimred they were making a wii exclusive that nintendo was publishing. its was completely sperate from the superman game they were making for brash

Then Nintendo has investments in a project with them.  Meaning Nintendo is now more likely to just buy them.  If there is any dev out there that is ready to buy, it's Nintendo.  Just depends how far the project was along now.

that was my line of thinking. it doesnt have to be a buyout but nintedi will most likely try and support them in some way. that should be one of the questions Matt C asks denise

Around the Network
Zucas said:
woopah said:
@ Zucas

Then Nintendo has investments in a project with them.  Meaning Nintendo is now more likely to just buy them.  If there is any dev out there that is ready to buy, it's Nintendo.  Just depends how far the project was along now.

Nintendo's definitely got the cash for buying developers, but it seems to lack the interest. I'm not sure how Icarus is going to turn out now, though, or even if Factor 5 got the project, since Factor 5 hasn't paid its employees in over two months...I dunno. I'm guessing that whatever project Factor 5 got, it wasn't far enough in development for its loss to bother Nintendo too much.

noname2200 said:
Zucas said:
woopah said:
@ Zucas

Nintendo's definitely got the cash for buying developers, but it seems to lack the interest. I'm not sure how Icarus is going to turn out now, though, or even if Factor 5 got the project, since Factor 5 hasn't paid its employees in over two months...I dunno. I'm guessing that whatever project Factor 5 got, it wasn't far enough in development for its loss to bother Nintendo too much.

Guys, Factor 5 developing Kid Icaraus was just a rumor. There's never been any confirmation nor any game related informtion like a trailer or screenshots.

Also, Free Radical and Factor 5 were both independent developers. They more than likely did not want to be purchased by a larger company. Free Radical had IPs that sold well on all platforms last gen. Companies like EA, Activision, and Ubisoft could have added another studio to their team and two strong IPs that would strenghten their portfolios. The question is did they try a sell the studio to a larger company or did they think that the company could be saved by other means?

Factor 5 was a company that had only one IP, Lair. All their other work was lisenced games developed for Lucas Arts. Larger studios may be hesitant to purchase this studio.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

I wonder how bungie employees feel right now . Maybe there will come a day that they'll regret not being the "halo machine" anymore .

all the ps3's fault

jk

I hope, intensely, that the Factor 5 talent finds a home in another studio.

I want more Rogue Squadron. Please, oh please, just one more.