By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In a few years Nintendo will no longer be the handheld gaming king...

But that is only because the world is scheduled to end in December 2012. La! :)

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Around the Network

Fail..
(>'.')>

Oyvoyvoyv said:

The OP is right, but for all the wrong reasons. Well, not entirely correct, but still.

How come? Well, look at it this way.

A boat is female.

A house is female.

A country is female 

A company is female.

Nintendo is a company.

Nintendo is female.

Females are queens.

So he just worded himself stupidly.

"In a few years, Nintendo will not be the handheld gaming king" would have been fine, and correct.

That logic only applies in languages that give gender to nongendered objects.

SW-5120-1900-6153

ClaudeLv250 said:

Handhelds game devices can't be dethroned by phones.

After years on the market there are maybe 10 DS games worth a damn

Stupid, wrong, lies, idiotic, ridiculous, offensive, uneducated, moronic, bullshit, asinine, ludicrous, misconstructed, retarded, insane, dumb, silly, etc.

you should be banned for trolling. STHU its his lil opinion peice u dont have to bash

this is the biggest crap i have read in a good while. never will happen period.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
Gearbox said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Stupid, wrong, lies, idiotic, ridiculous, offensive, uneducated, moronic, bullshit, asinine, ludicrous, misconstructed, retarded, insane, dumb, silly, etc.

you should be banned for trolling. STHU its his lil opinion peice u dont have to bash

Don't mess with the bull,son. You'll get the horns ...

Gearbox said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Stupid, wrong, lies, idiotic, ridiculous, offensive, uneducated, moronic, bullshit, asinine, ludicrous, misconstructed, retarded, insane, dumb, silly, etc...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Jo21 said:
FishyJoe said:

Nintendo has a huge catalog of games that could be easily ported to just about any portable system. Though I highly doubt anyone can dethrone them on the hardware end, Nintendo is still the leading publisher of portable game software in the world. Not only in their ability to create new software, but their existing library of games is worth billions. That software capability is something neither Apple, MS or Sony can recreate.

thats pushing it.

because even so sony ruled for a decade. and now got a awesome first party. even without the nintendo games.

same got for m$. well halo is awesome :P

Even when Sony was on top, their software didn't push very high numbers (it was actually best during PS1). Their top game on the PS1 (100mil consoles) barely outsold the N64's second best, Mario Kart. Look what happens when the install bases are more comparable - Nintendo's titles hit 10mil like it's nothing.

thetonestarr said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

The OP is right, but for all the wrong reasons. Well, not entirely correct, but still.

How come? Well, look at it this way.

A boat is female.

A house is female.

A country is female

A company is female.

Nintendo is a company.

Nintendo is female.

Females are queens.

So he just worded himself stupidly.

"In a few years, Nintendo will not be the handheld gaming king" would have been fine, and correct.

That logic only applies in languages that give gender to nongendered objects.

But it couldn't be king either, as king suggests it is male.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Impulsivity said:
thekitchensink said:
Impulsivity said:

most DS games suck PRETTY damn hard too.  After years on the market there are maybe 10 DS games worth a damn and so much shovelware that you could spend a year with a tractor working through it and still not be done.

I took you seriously until that point.

Seriously, there's so much fail there, it's not even worth responding to, but I will.

-Four Ace Attorney games (soon to be five)

-Elite Beat Agents

-New Super Mario Bros.

-Animal Crossing: Wild World

-Mega Man ZX and ZX Advent

-FFIII and FFIV

-Hotel Dusk

-Metroid Prime: Hunters

-Mario Kart DS

-Mario 64 DS

-Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time

-Castlevania: Order of Ecclessia

-Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure

-Nintendogs

-Dementium: The Ward

-Call of Duty 4 and World at War

-Brothers in Arms

-Bleach

-Naruto

-Advance Wars: Dual Strike

-Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

-Resident Evil: Deadly Silence

-Final Fantasy XII: Revenent Wings

So there's a quick list of thirty games (3x the arbitrary number you gave) off the top of my head.  Bye now!

and about how many of those do you think people who aren't kids/kids at heart would want to play?  I sure can't picture many adults playing Naruto or Animal Crossing.  I'm not talking about Nintendo fanboys when I'm saying the ipod will expand gaming, you already obviously own a handheld and are willing to pay 40 bucks for whatever.  I'm talking about the 95+ % of the population that would never ever buy a DS for any reason and doesn't really want to play a game with cartoon characters (yes playing sudoku counts as gaming too, the revenue comes in just the same).  Selling to the same 100 million people world wide that bought a gameboy is does not expand the market.

Heh I know many adults that see themselves as such that buy the Mario games, Animal Crossing, and the Bleach fighting games are some of the best fighting games on a handheld period, what do I see when I get on the subway?  Businessmen (and women) playing DS with their own DS carrying case even saw one guy playing Cooking Mama for God's sake, but most of it is Brain Age, Mario, and Ace Attorney.  But not only businessmen on the subway I've seen bike riders, football players at the gym, and those metal head guys all playing their DSs all around campus.  Really if you're so blinded by your own fanboyism to see that fun games appeal to everyone not just the "kids at heart" and that is what the DS provides consumers.  TBH cell phone crazes are like seasonal fashion, the big popular phones stay around for a couple of years but once everyone has one another with with more bells and whistles comes out and everyone drops their old one.  I'm sure good ol' Steve won't like the Iphone die like the others but limiting themselves to AT&T will keep them from making mass market gaming success...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000