By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How can Take Two possibly lose money on GTA4's release?

Can anyone offer a reasonable explanation?

Around the Network

Because they didn't...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

The game cost more to develop than they got back with sales?

Wow, this is cool!

Don't forget that the Carnival Games made money too. Did anything else make money? What other games did they release this year?

Around the Network

Thread r borked!

Anyway cause Take 2 spent so much money on GTA ads and buying good review scores.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Hmm, doesn't seem like they lost a whole bunch of money on anything except the sports games under NBA 2k9, and Midnight Club. They probably lost money on the Diego/Dora games, but seeing as how they're quite popular, they could have shipped enough to break even. GTA IV should have easily covered all those losses, many times over. So I'm still confused!

Maybe they just invested a little more on their future projects than what they made with their current games... :O

too many ads
just like Sony with LBP
they probably lose a lot on that game.

Page 7 (but somehow, not page 8?!?) of every copy of GTA's instruction manual was made of real 14k gold. Take 2 really got carried away with GTA fever.