By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony speaks (SCEE's David Reeves)

ssj12 said:
Solid State Drive based PS3s or 500GB PS3! that would be awesome

hah im quite certain that solid state hds would cost too much.... 500gb should not be a problem though hds that size are fairly cheap now 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
ssj12 said:

No... games released on time would be awesome, exclusives (timed or not) would also be awesome...

500gb hdd would be useless to the average customer

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

goddog said:
ssj12 said:

hah im quite certain that solid state hds would cost too much.... 500gb should not be a problem though hds that size are fairly cheap now 

SSDs arent that expensive, an 80GB SSD is like $150 or less. Toshiba's line of SSDs they just announced will bring costs down to $150+/- for 250GB or more.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

gebx said:
ssj12 said:

No... games released on time would be awesome, exclusives (timed or not) would also be awesome...

500gb hdd would be useless to the average customer

I think my original post about adding the PSEye to the bundles would be a great idea because it has four built in mics which could be used in HOME, Burnout Paradice and several other games support it with future supported games like EyePet, and give something like Warhawk, VC, R2, LBP or Buzz as the second game the bundle would be an amazing deal for Sony.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I think they should Bundle the PSEye and the Official Mic [the one that comes with Socom]

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

I'm beginning to hate this fellow more and more each time he opens his mouth.

i dont think that MS will remove the arcade, they will either make it 149 so even the homeless can afford a 360 or give it a 10gb hard drive.

Exactly, they are saving the price cut for when it will most matter, it's strategy that's good sony.

The PS3 has a lot of potential , but at this price , nobody will continue to buy it. No matter what software will be released. I am interested by the PS3 for the future , but at 400€, there is no chance that I will have it, even if there is a 50000GO DD PS3 with 5 Sony games in bundle.

Price cut is what they need to do in order to save the ¨PS3. But SCE is already in trouble financially.

godemperor said:
i dont think that MS will remove the arcade, they will either make it 149 so even the homeless can afford a 360 or give it a 10gb hard drive.

The Arcade will not be removed, but a $149.99 price is likely. Accompany that with Pro drop to $239.99 with 120GB HDD and Elite to $319.99 with 250GB HDD.  Reason for upping HDD sizes is the smaller drives become price prohibitive.  To purchase 10GGB HDD MS would have to custom order them from HDD manufacturers and get ripped off.  MS then sells 120GB HDD kits for $99.99 next year holiday and you have a nice eventual $100 sell to the Arcade owners.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.