By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident evil 5 graphics comparisen!

SmokedHostage said:
PS3 version looks sharper imo. 360 seems more blurry.

There are some bits that look a little sharper on the PS3 but it's really nothing to argue about there pretty much the same.

Around the Network

It's very hard to tell any difference. I'm glad the Devs did a good job at making them both the same.

Finally!

Edit: This only shows that Devs do infact get lazy when it comes to porting.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

360 version looks more rich and vibrant

chaospluto said:

It's very hard to tell any difference. I'm glad the Devs did a good job at making them both the same.

Finally!

Edit: This only shows that Devs do infact get lazy when it comes to porting.

I wouldn't call it lazy ...

If you look at the GPUs alone, both the XBox 360 and PS3 have very different architectures which have different strenghts and weaknesses. Anytime you focus on how a product looks on one of the platforms you will (probably) be focusing on taking advantage of the strenghts and minimizing the impact of the weaknesses which will impact everything from how the graphical assets are designed to how the pixel shader is written. When you port from one console to the other you (probably) don't want to spend the time reworking everything to get it to look perfect when it can look "Good enough" with a fraction the effort.

When you're doing true cross-platform development, and you are testing and tweaking (as necessary) as you go along it doesn't add nearly as much effort to get things to look similar with the end product (in a large part because every time you learn of an adjustment that needs to be made you can anticipate it in future work).

Lurker said:
360 version looks more rich and vibrant

looool,,,if you say so

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:
SmokedHostage said:
PS3 version looks sharper imo. 360 seems more blurry.

There are some bits that look a little sharper on the PS3 but it's really nothing to argue about there pretty much the same.

[Video from Gametrailers]

Let me correct myself, it looked sharper on the PS3 in the first half and sharper on the 360 towards the end.

Pixel Art can be fun.

The PS3 version looks more sharper and more color depth the black is blacker and the 360 colors look washed out.

Same enough.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

nothing noticeable.both look good.

both looked nearly the same to me. PS3 was a bit clear in color to me at some parts though. But nothing to different from either version at all...

4 ≈ One