By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do some people really still think that Little Big Planet didnt sell well?

Neoraf said:
tombi123 said:
Neoraf said:

@Cura
So let's wait for the American sale figures (no LBP bundle).
You'll have your answer.

NA sales: 

Last Week 44K 

This Week 61K 

Owned.

lol... I guess you're new, otherwise I'm worried for you.
Look:

NA sales:
Gears of War2:

Last Week 119K
This Week 158K

Owned?

It's called a Holiday Boost.
Every major game is selling stronger approaching Chrismas.

Now you know, kid.

First of all Tmbi is a far more popualer and older poster then you ;) Wait... who are you? :P

But again, you cant compare the sales of a sequel to one of the most hyped shooter of this gen to the sales of a brand new "create your game" IP... thats just stupid. And seeing that LBP will have no issues passing the 3 million... I say it has some great sales. I was expecting max 1 million maybe 2 with bundles, but now I see that my predicition was far to low ;)

If you would want to compare sales with a similar " kiddie" game thats on the 360 maybe you shoiuld look at Nuts and Bolts... owned enough? :P

Edit: rise in % doesnt counts when the overall sold numbers speek for tehmselves which game is more successfull ;) So no, when a game barely has a chance at 600k and another has a clear shot to pass the 3 million... which one is more successfull? :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
fulcizombie said:
Bboid said:

for the billionth time, Amazon prices don't reflect market values at all. they are famous for their random 80% off sales that last 2 hours

keep telling yourself that. The point is that LBP is already a bargain bin game in the U.K ( not just in amazon )

LBP sold over 100k in UK in November. Sounds to me like it isn't having problems selling there so whyd it be in bargain bins? sounds to me like your just trolling and amazon is just havng sales on hot items.

There's nothing impressive for the flagship sony holiday game selling 100k in its first full month in a market as big as the U.K . The game is already a bargain bin title either being given away for free with the console or being sold at ridiculously low prices .

fulcizombie said:
fulcizombie said:
Bboid said:

for the billionth time, Amazon prices don't reflect market values at all. they are famous for their random 80% off sales that last 2 hours

keep telling yourself that. The point is that LBP is already a bargain bin game in the U.K ( not just in amazon )

LBP sold over 100k in UK in November. Sounds to me like it isn't having problems selling there so whyd it be in bargain bins? sounds to me like your just trolling and amazon is just havng sales on hot items.

There's nothing impressive for the flagship sony holiday game selling 100k in its first full month in a market as big as the U.K . The game is already a bargain bin title either being given away for free with the console or being sold at ridiculously low prices .

yeah... nothing impressive with a game selling to 6-12% of the install base for the first 3 weeks... seriously do you have anything better to do other than trolling?

fulcizombie said:
fulcizombie said:
Bboid said:

yeah... nothing impressive with a game selling to 6-12% of the install base for the first 3 weeks... seriously do you have anything better to do other than trolling?

I guess the standards for a ps3 game to be called a hit are very low ....

184k week 8 ( week 6 in Others) is nothing to snigger at ...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

any game goes over a million its a success. this game will have legs its fun and kid friendly. go sackboy

--- deleted message ---

You know what? for me LBG is huge. I'm not talking about the numbers, its just a truly great game. Ive got it and a PS3 so i get the joy of playing and creating with it. Did it, and is it selling what some people predicted? no. Do i give a monkeys? no. You can snipe all you want but you can never get me down when it comes to LBP. Its just too much fun

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

The game has sold well, but not as well as many people predicted and hoped for...and yes, sony should have marketed resistance 2 and motorstorm 2 ahead of it

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/293123/little-big-planet-ps3-24-46-deliver/
LBP £25. It was selling for around £20 in a lot of high streets in the UK but i think that was a time limited offer as i havnt seen it recently, it looks like its back to the £39.99 price mostly

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups