By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The official rrod thread.

does anyone know to fix rrod without sending it in

Around the Network

well the towel trick worked for me a few times.  A friend of mine had some success with sticking his 360 in his microwave for 2 seconds.  I wouldnt have believed it but he tried it while I was there and you could see all these sparks coming out then he took it out and connected it and what do you know it worked.  oh wait he didnt connect it right away, he waited about 20 minutes to let it cool down.  i wouldnt recomend it though no telling what could happen.  Besides it only worked for about 3 months then started RROD'ing again.  he finally sent it in and got a new one.  Guess the microwave thing prevented them from fixing it, but hey he got a new one.

Proud owner of a Genesis, 32X, Sega Cd, Game Gear, Nomad, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, Gameboy, GBA, DS, DS Lite, Wii, PS, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Atari Lynx, Atari Jaguar, PC Engine, Turbo Grafx, Turbo CD, Turbo Duo & Turbo Express.

God ****ing damnit, I just bought my 360 only a few weeks ago, with the Jesper chip, just recently manufactured, and I've only played it like 4 times. I just turned it on to play PoP and after half a minute of no signal from my tv, the thing finally starts up, does the 360 logo, only to go into a system error and I get one red light.

After a few tries the system is now working, but I feel like I'm already doomed to have a broken piece of shit lying in front of my tv in a few days. God ****ing damn you Microsoft, it's ****ing Christmas.

Edit: I got a bit carried away in this post, so sorry if it seemed a bit harsh, but I'd just be really pissed if my system broke. :P My friend said that the one red light has to do with a connection problem to the TV, which does make sense since the 360 started working after I reconnected the cables. Lets hope all goes well from here on..

wfz said:

God ****ing damnit, I just bought my 360 only a few weeks ago, with the Jesper chip, just recently manufactured, and I've only played it like 4 times. I just turned it on to play PoP and after half a minute of no signal from my tv, the thing finally starts up, does the 360 logo, only to go into a system error and I get one red light.

After a few tries the system is now working, but I feel like I'm already doomed to have a broken piece of shit lying in front of my tv in a few days. God ****ing damn you Microsoft, it's ****ing Christmas.

Edit: I got a bit carried away in this post, so sorry if it seemed a bit harsh, but I'd just be really pissed if my system broke. :P My friend said that the one red light has to do with a connection problem to the TV, which does make sense since the 360 started working after I reconnected the cables. Lets hope all goes well from here on..

yeah it's either a connection problem or a power problem...

wfz said:

ouch =(. bye star ocean 4.

Around the Network

Mine RROD and finally got it back. Ends up its not mine aand ite not a new one since their is no HDMI port.

i was wondering how many used 360's were bought during the holidays. i was wondering this because i know 5 friends who were given a used 360 and 3/5 have had rrod. i figure its only a matter of time before the other 2 get it. retailers should push the new ones and just burn the old 360's...maybe a bit much

markers said:
i was wondering how many used 360's were bought during the holidays. i was wondering this because i know 5 friends who were given a used 360 and 3/5 have had rrod. i figure its only a matter of time before the other 2 get it. retailers should push the new ones and just burn the old 360's...maybe a bit much

I had the same thing happen to 15/20 of my friends' 360s.

I just got RRoD on my 16/09/06 360 playing Gears of War. I quickly shut it down waited about 12 hours and then played a 95 minute movie through it and it ran perfectly. Im about to try a game, should i start looking for a new arcade? My warranty has clearly ran out.

i got my 360 and it´s the jasper one so i should be fine=)

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688