By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The official rrod thread.

i bought mine at bestbuy, 8 months later it died, good thing i had a warrenty, i brought it back, they gave me a new one, and let me keep my old HD, and got my game out, i got the rrod at my house and it worked in store. but the people there were cool n gave me a new 1 neways.

Click "here" to meet sexy singles!!

o that didnt work?

o u got a virus and lost your credit card to someone in brazil?

Click"here" with a different credit card in hand!

Around the Network

Can we get rid of this thread now? It doesn't stop anything, if people get RRoD, they have a right to bitch. (although it doesn't happen alot anyway nowadays)
Also, it would be nice if you could make room for a link to the gamerscore league (so it won't be ignored in the desolate online forum)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Mine is now 100% RRoD.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

GOD MOTHER EFFIING PEICE IF CRAP (that's the closest i can keep it to family oriented while explaining my rage!!!)

I had an original 360 two bloody months after launch. It worked for about a year and a half and it broke. I jerry-rigged it opened it up and soldered it's cpu a little bit cause after looking out it i noticed that it overheated, cracked from cooling and came loose causing a RROD. (wear a grounding bracelet if you attempt to do this, but im not sure if this is what causes all RROD.) Well it worked for a little and started giving me my three lights again three months later. Alrighty opened it up again. CPU was fine....i couldn't figure out what to do.

Well It's open, warranty void. Ok whatever I'll have a friend look at it. He couldn't figure it out. either. I decide to do the towel trick....ok it's working, but that was really annoying and really stupid. A week after the towel trick IT STARTED EATING MY GAMES....well what do I do.....I sell it on ebay since it's technically still working and I tell the guy whats up. Said he didn't care, havn't heard from it since.

This was all about 9 months ago. I have been 360 less for 9 months not really missing it. Now trust me I don't mean to turn this into a fanboy war at all, I have a ps3 as well and it has been giving me no trouble and I use it more, however It was still nice to use the 360 for some exclusives.

Lately I was hearing that the 360 was RROD proof now. I also heard that it's still around. I didn't know who to beleive in forums cause well....a 360 fanboy will tell you one thing and a ps3 one another and even if they arn't a fanboy theres almost no way of telling other then looking at post history which i don't want to go through.

Well to say the least, I wanted one again, specifically for Alan Wake and that slight chance that Mass Effect 2 is still exlusive. (I get excited for games too soon I have a wii already for monster hunter tri)

I bought the system last week. JUST LAST WEEK. About 15 minutes ago, I was going to pop in some Beautiful Katamari since no one was online for some Resistance 2. Guess what greets me....a bloody fucking red ring.

So I haves a question. Can I use the warranty to get my money back instead of a new console.....I'm tired of this bullshit and I don't want to go through it again. It's like playing on borrowed time.

EDIT: Can someone PM me the answer chances are im not coming back into this thread

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

soulsamurai said:

GOD MOTHER EFFIING PEICE IF CRAP (that's the closest i can keep it to family oriented while explaining my rage!!!)

I had an original 360 two bloody months after launch. It worked for about a year and a half and it broke. I jerry-rigged it opened it up and soldered it's cpu a little bit cause after looking out it i noticed that it overheated, cracked from cooling and came loose causing a RROD. (wear a grounding bracelet if you attempt to do this, but im not sure if this is what causes all RROD.) Well it worked for a little and started giving me my three lights again three months later. Alrighty opened it up again. CPU was fine....i couldn't figure out what to do.

Well It's open, warranty void. Ok whatever I'll have a friend look at it. He couldn't figure it out. either. I decide to do the towel trick....ok it's working, but that was really annoying and really stupid. A week after the towel trick IT STARTED EATING MY GAMES....well what do I do.....I sell it on ebay since it's technically still working and I tell the guy whats up. Said he didn't care, havn't heard from it since.

This was all about 9 months ago. I have been 360 less for 9 months not really missing it. Now trust me I don't mean to turn this into a fanboy war at all, I have a ps3 as well and it has been giving me no trouble and I use it more, however It was still nice to use the 360 for some exclusives.

Lately I was hearing that the 360 was RROD proof now. I also heard that it's still around. I didn't know who to beleive in forums cause well....a 360 fanboy will tell you one thing and a ps3 one another and even if they arn't a fanboy theres almost no way of telling other then looking at post history which i don't want to go through.

Well to say the least, I wanted one again, specifically for Alan Wake and that slight chance that Mass Effect 2 is still exlusive. (I get excited for games too soon I have a wii already for monster hunter tri)

I bought the system last week. JUST LAST WEEK. About 15 minutes ago, I was going to pop in some Beautiful Katamari since no one was online for some Resistance 2. Guess what greets me....a bloody fucking red ring.

So I haves a question. Can I use the warranty to get my money back instead of a new console.....I'm tired of this bullshit and I don't want to go through it again. It's like playing on borrowed time.

EDIT: Can someone PM me the answer chances are im not coming back into this thread

i bought an xbox elite around august and i sent it in a couple of days ago due to rrod

its not completely gone, but i guess its really rare... just watch out for your ps3 getting the ylod haha

Around the Network

My 360 got the RROD earlier today, gonna ship it to get repaired tomorrow. This is the 2nd time i've gotten the RROD & have had to send in my Xbox. It happened for the first time almost exactly a year ago. M$ blows with their shitty hardware, so tired with this bullshit.

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

Spire_VII said:

My 360 got the RROD earlier today, gonna ship it to get repaired tomorrow. This is the 2nd time i've gotten the RROD & have had to send in my Xbox. It happened for the first time almost exactly a year ago. M$ blows with their shitty hardware, so tired with this bullshit.

unlucky

mines never rroded before, i had only one other 360 though.

2 red lights as of last week around 3/5/09. This is after around 6 months of it working after it RROD'ed and it was sent to 360Pros as I had opened it to fix the DVD drive issue before that. FYI, it is a Sept. 2006 Xenon.