By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioshock coming to a ps3 near you

Soriku said:
Umm....ok. Shooting games = suck (IMO, 'cept for MP)

JRPGs + Action/Adventure (Zelda)>>>All

I was exatcly like you when I was smaler, no action no adventure the game sucks, why do people like shooters so much? Then I got resistance and it all changed.

mM
Around the Network
NorthStar said:
I believe you can import user Mods from the PC to the PS3 so you do not have to mod on the console. I think everyone that owns a PS3 realizes it takes any Keyboard and Mouse as well as any 2.5" harddrive. It is one of the selling points over the 360 (it is much cheaper to upgrade.) so I don't see people getting mad that they might have to get another keyboard and mouse or transfer the one they have.

Youwould think that, but wasn't there just a recent thread about people not knowing that their 360 or PS3 were HD capable and I know there are large amounts of people that just don't realize that their 360, PS3, and Wii's are backwards compatible. Never underestimate what people don't know or what silly thing they might do.

Soriku said:
^ Resistance? Lol. Shooters are just boring and short. I've played a bunch of shooters (never actually bought one) and they were boring. JRPGs have an ACTUAL STORY and are usually long. FPSs = meh, FPAs (Metroid Prime) = good, JRPGs = excellent

LOL

Yahh nothing like 50 hours of boring ass running around to find a magic potion to save a princess.

roadkillers said:
On game Head they have a special announcment and I expect it to be BioShock on the PS3.

I would be surprised if it wasn't eventually released for the PS3.  Epic is working on getting the problems with the PS3's version of Unreal Engine 3 sorted out and will likely achieve that by the end of this year when Unreal Tournament 3 for the PS3 comes out.  Irrational Games has done a lot of modifications to UE3 but those will likely be able to be carried over to the PS3's version of the UE3.

@Hus - When was the last time you played a game that wasn't a shooter? I haven't run around looking for a magic potion to save a princess since... ever.

To get back on topic, whether Bioshock goes to the PS3 or not, I can't imagine it making a difference. It's only going to make those who already put down a wad of cash on the system happy. Who would buy a PS3 for a ported-over game that's already available on two other platforms? Fans of Irrational have been PC gamers anyway; I'd imagine the PC version sells even better than the 360 version. That's certainly the copy I'm getting (PC).

"Whenever you find a man who says he doesn't believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later."   -C.S. Lewis

"We all make choices... but in the end, our choices... make us."   -Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Prediction: Wii passes 360 in US between July - September 2008. (Wii supply will be the issue to watch, and barring any freak incidents between now and then as well.) - 6/5/08; Wow, came true even earlier. Wii is a monster.

Around the Network
PlagueOfLocust said:
Fans of Irrational have been PC gamers anyway; I'd imagine the PC version sells even better than the 360 version. That's certainly the copy I'm getting (PC).

I can garuantee you that Bioshock for the PC will not sell better than the 360 version.  The PC market isn't dead but it just has far too many things going against for it to be ever a major platform again or at least in this generation. 

And please do not give me lol have you ever heard of WoW, Sims, or CS!? those are some of the major reasons PC gaming isn't dead but nothing that will make it make a comeback.

Hus said:
this year 360 version, thats all they are talking.

Get it ?

They know damn well once Halo hits their 360 sales will go down the crapper.

Hus.... Your village called.  They want you back.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

@twesterm -

"I can garuantee you that Bioshock for the PC will not sell better than the 360 version. The PC market isn't dead but it just has far too many things going against for it to be ever a major platform again or at least in this generation."

Interesting, considering that the game began as a PC project and is still coming out for PC. If the sales wouldn't be worth the time, why spend it? Apparently Irrational thought it was worth it. And Irrational has existed as a successful independent studio for many years, making only PC titles. I can't guarantee what the numbers will be in the end, but the PC version will sell. Perhaps the 360 version sells better... we'll have to wait and see.

"And please do not give me lol have you ever heard of WoW, Sims, or CS!? those are some of the major reasons PC gaming isn't dead but nothing that will make it make a comeback."

First off, there's no reason to assume that I would lol make that argument or sound that obnoxious. I've got more than half a wit to spare, and I haven't really given anyone a reason to think otherwise. That aside, maybe those are the major reasons PC gaming IS dying (assuming that it is), with so many people playing those games with no reason to stop and play a new PC game. But I'm not totally convinced it is dying; maybe it's just dead to you. I still play a ton of PC games. Hitman: Blood Money, Black and White 2, Oblivion, Rome: Total War, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, Myst V, Thief III, Civilization 4, etc. How well these titles are selling compared to console games, I can't say, but developers would not be making these games if they weren't getting significant returns on their investments.

"Whenever you find a man who says he doesn't believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later."   -C.S. Lewis

"We all make choices... but in the end, our choices... make us."   -Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Prediction: Wii passes 360 in US between July - September 2008. (Wii supply will be the issue to watch, and barring any freak incidents between now and then as well.) - 6/5/08; Wow, came true even earlier. Wii is a monster.

The 360 was the lead platform for Bioshock and after playing the demo I can say that it shows in that it's a showcase title for what the 360 can do. It also seems to be very geared towards console gamers and especially those on the 360. I'm not sure which version will sell more (I suspect the 360 version because of the out of control piracy situation on the PC) but either way the 360 verson more than holds it's own.

@Legend11 - You're right, apparently the 360 version was the original build. If anything, though, that strengthens my point: why would Irrational go out of their way even, and devote their entire secondary, Australian studio to the project of creating a PC version if they envisioned poor sales on the PC?

And of course the 360 demo was geared toward console gamers... The PC demo, which is coming out soon, will show how that version is geared specifically toward PC gamers.

http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/pcblowout.html

"Today I talk to the masterminds in Australia who have been working day and night to make BioShock the best shooter ever released for the PC. We discuss system requirements, graphics cards, and they talk about how they reworked the game from the bottom up to make it perfect for the PC."