By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioshock coming to a ps3 near you

yeah the same in lava in a volcano lol Bioshock 2 from wet to steam lol that's a catch phrase for asocial geeks lol

Around the Network
PlagueOfLocust said:
@endimion - The graphical improvements for the PC version will be nice, but not huge. However, the user interface for the PC version will be far superior, and that's the major factor I'm talking about.

http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/pcblowout.html

The podcast is rather long, but a few pieces of info in there make it clear that the PC version is not an afterthought or a port, but is in fact a re-working of the game controls/performance at every point during production. That is to say, the control scheme is not simply modified to fit the PC, but is in fact enhanced to use the PC controls to their full potential, which makes for a better game. In this sense, the PC version should feel more like the "intended" version of the game, rather than an adaptation of the 360 version.

Oh I know I know.... butwhat i'm saying it's a question of feeling... the set keyboard mouse is a real advantage for multiplayer... when you play solo it's not really needed... at least for me... I frag as fast in solo on XB than in solo on PC.... and I prefer to seat on my couch doing it... now you would have a multi the thing would be different.... and even the debate with KB/M vs pad is still up... I'm not talking about me but I know some players being more accurate with a pad than a lot of people KB/M .... I have some friends playing with their XB pad on PC and fraging record score on some games.... I think we came to a point where it's really a question of feeling as where in the house you prefer to play and if you prefer pad or KB/M... in both case the game play experience is going to be really good.... 

now you have also the different non FPS side of the game... and personaly beside pure FPS RTS and RPG like NWN or point and click... I really don't like playing on the computer...  

but at the end with the history of irrational and the fact that it's a UE3 I'll put my bet on PC sales... but the pb rightly pointed out before is.... are they going to buy it or DL a warez version taking in account that it is a solo game (for now on PC) 

@endimion - Fair enough, but what you haven't picked up on, and rightfully so since it easily escapes consideration, is that there's more than just the usual turning/straffing/aiming/etc issues to be concerned about as far as which set of controls is superior. There are a considerably higher number of menus, items and other selections that must be made in this game compared to the shooters you may be accustomed to. When it comes to those issues, keyboard shortcuts (customizable even) and the precision of a mouse are second to none.

But like you said, "feeling" is a big part of it, and for me personally, with System Shock 2 in my gaming history and for numerous other issues of preference including those mentioned above, the PC is a natural choice for me regarding the feeling.

As for which version will sell better, it could potentially go either way. But if the news comes out that one is significantly outselling the other, regardless of which version it is, I'll give a simple shrug and then go back to playing Bioshock... on my PC.

"Whenever you find a man who says he doesn't believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later."   -C.S. Lewis

"We all make choices... but in the end, our choices... make us."   -Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Prediction: Wii passes 360 in US between July - September 2008. (Wii supply will be the issue to watch, and barring any freak incidents between now and then as well.) - 6/5/08; Wow, came true even earlier. Wii is a monster.

yeah taht's exactly my point I hate the Key short cut on PC... i like to have my hand staying at their place... on the direction pad set up (usually W A S D for me..... I prefer to the pad for that where I press one button and then scroll down... or the D-pad option like in morrowind is great to... I have lazy hands.... but I see what you are saying it's just me :)

and trust me being a RTS fan I know about shortcuts.... for RTS it's way better as you don't really use your left hand (if you are a righty)... but for FPS... I really don't like it (when more than 4 or 5 short cuts are needed which is probably is going to be the case)... I have many friends who feel like you and some other like me..... (the lazy one usually lol :P )