By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Broken Sword: Directors cut for Wii & DS. Everyone should be hyped!

I really couldn't tell if this was a sarcastic thread or not, and I'm still confused. Is this game good?

Around the Network

No sarcasm wfz, Benga is a Broken Sword fan, and for Point and click fans, this is amazing news.

I'm still wondering when Lucas Arts is going to announce a brand new Monkey Island though!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Awesome. Played it back in the day and really loved it, although I died a lot of virtual deaths.

But not sure if I'm going to pick it up again. At least not at full price.

Khuutra said:
Is it really that good?

Like, good enough to buy? My girlfriend loves point and click adventures, so...

The original certainly was. It was damned impressive.

noname2200 said:
Khuutra said:
Is it really that good?

Like, good enough to buy? My girlfriend loves point and click adventures, so...

The original certainly was. It was damned impressive.

I concur

Around the Network

Broken Sword 1 and 2 are very good games. Not as brilliant as most of the 1990s LucasArts adventures, but still very good. Revolution Software was one of the very few companies that could compete with LucasArts in the adventure genre (and they were the best adventure developer outside USA).

So we have another western PC point & click franchise that's being ported to/remade for the Wii. I would be more excited if it wouldn't take the developers ages for the ports of old PC games. At least Revolution Software brings us a new twist with their remake and Nico as main character (as far as I know).

So as PC ports we already have
Secret Files: Tunguska
Sam & Max: Season One
Safecracker
Two Agatha Christie games

Future releases (besides Broken Sword) will include
Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle
Runaway: A Twist of Fate
Diabolik: The Original Sin
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
So Blonde
A New Beginning
The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft
Sam & Max: Season Two
Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis

The good thing about the future is that we will see releases of new games which are being developed simultaneously for PC and Wii (often also for DS), such as Runaway: A Twist of Fate and A New Beginning.

Again - like on DS - the first classic, story driven point & click adventure not being ported but originally developed for the system will come from a Japanese developer. And again, it will be Nintendo with Another Code.

I will pick this up! I remember playing it when I was younger.

Looks great.

Ubisoft... something decent...Wii...

It can't be true.

Formação do indíviduo, transformação da sociedade.

To each their own Kylie. There are about 10 point & click adventures which I like more than Broken Sword 1 or 2, five of them are in my sig.

But as I already said: Broken Sword is a very good game and I'm glad it's coming to Wii (and DS, by the way). Not overly excited though.

I hope Revolution Software will have the opportunity to develop other adventures some day. At the moment (or better said: since 1996) Broken Sword seems to be their fate.