By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I witnessed a very sad event today :(

I mean convert into understanding and enjoying video games with greater depth than just numbers and statistics on the box

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

The advertising for that game was simply marvellous. 25 games for half the price of the other game? That's what they'll pick.

Carnival games is the best advertised 3rd party Wii game, simply for that reason. And being the best advertised 3rd party Wii game pays off, even if the quality isn't fully as high as in the other titles.

Do you have any idea how important this game is to Take 2? If you want Take 2 to survive, and not get eaten by EA, you should root for Carnival Crossing, as it is one of the few games that they actually make money off. Carnival games might be their best investment this generation.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

You should have helped em!

d21lewis said:
You should've seduced them. Then, when they were all worn out and sleepy from your MILF threesome, you should have stolen the game and taken it back to the store, exchanging it for a better game. I can't believe you didn't think of the old "MILF & SWAP" trick. I guess you just didn't think it through. Next time, though. Next time.

You can also get some enjoyment out of the "MILF & SWAP" manuever for yourself.  I'm with d21lewis on this one.  You totally missed the win-win-win situation.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

It wasn't a very good approach.

Better approach-
"Hi, that game there (Carnival Games) isn't that great and they probably won't play it much. The other two games are much better and would probably like them a lot more"

Best approach
"Excuse me ladies...."

[Takes crap in middle of the store]

"Just give me a moment, I'm almost done...."

[Picks the fresh crap off of floor and hands it to the two ladies]

"If your child likes crap, just give them this. They'll never know the difference and you'll save $40!"

[Walks away and then comes back]

"I'm sorry, did you want a gift receipt? Merry Christmas!"

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Around the Network

@thanny:

I can sympathise with your situation. It's really hard to convey feelings about such games without resorting to strong words like "crap". I suggest you act like a salesperson. Walk up to people and ask, "Can I help you with something?" A similar approach has worked for me at both JB Hi-Fi and Big W.

Did you get de Blob?

Currently playing: Wii Fit / The Sims 3

Try  PrizeRebel , it could make you  rich ! I have  $15.80 USD  so far. I  love  BengaBenga' Most Wante lists.
$                     $  $  $                         

CaptDS9E said:

Maybe you should have not used the word crap , and said "Miss that game isn't very good, the person your buying it for would be more happy with *insert title*"

At BB this past weekend while browsing I was asked a few questions by other shoppers, as the people who worked in that section had no idea about anything.

Also remember our parents shopping for us when we were younger. Probably was the same way

It wasn't for me.  I made out a Christmas list.  They probably weren't the kid's parents or grandparents but his aunts.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Poor kid getting that as a present, I can't imagine the frustration.

"But mom, I asked you for SSBB!!!"
"But this has 25 games in one!"
"$%&$%&, this will be my worst christmas ever"

My condolences.

You didn't swear enough. A good cluster F bomb, combined with blasting some death metal out of nowhere, and they would buy anything you told them to just to make you go away.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs