By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Says There Are No Plans for Further PlayStation

KylieDog said:
Oh FFS can these kind of threads just start getting deleted.

Or at least make a single stickied thread labled "Fanboys get in here" and BAN forever anyone who starts these threads that forever degenerate into fanboy wars. All crap not worth mentioning news can be posted int hat one thread.

What the heck is up with people bitchin about people posting NEWS ARTICALS!! It isn't some raving fanboy its a news artical, one people havn't seen before, one with a sony excec saying there is no PS4 that he knows about.

Around the Network

Lol.

We are not thinking about the PS4 at the moment = "SONY IZ TEH DOOMEDZ!" ?

Of course they're not planning the PS4 right now, they released the PS3 two years ago! And why must journalists blow everything out of proportion? The PS3 would have KILLED for these sales in 2006/early 2007!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I seriously dought the PS4 isn't going to be released , and it certainly is being planned ; any business the size of Sony would possibly have been planning the release of the PS4 during the release of the PS3 !!! maybe not in great detail but an outline of what they want it to be would have been there.

Sony will have to revise their strategy , Nintendo did it with the GC and Sony can do the same with the PS4 if they innovate and revolutionaise . Even without the hardware business Sony could be a very profitable 3rd party developer.

I think it's a good news (even if I doubt it's true).

Sony out of the hardware gaming market = Good for everyone.

One hardware for Hardcore.
One hardware for Casuals.

Microsoft and Nintendo.

Best deal.

The new SCE:
Game publisher.
Game developer.
The Sega way.

My Gaming Setup

Neoraf said:

Microsoft and Nintendo.

Best deal.

The new SCE:
Game publisher.
Game developer.
The Sega way.

LOL you're a very brave man!

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Neoraf said:

Microsoft and Nintendo.

Best deal.

The new SCE:
Game publisher.
Game developer.
The Sega way.

How is that good for everyone? Having 3 big companies fighting for the attention has lead to nothing less then an amazing set of games coming out for all the systems. If there wasn't any competition for the "hardcore" gaming market, I highly doubt that all of the games would be even nearly as good as they are. 

Besides, Sony are too stubborn to turn into Sega. Their company would rather die and go over than to make games for Microsoft.

Hardly, Sony's a business not a person with a soul, and if Sony did somehow have to leave the console race and still developed games they would build a good relationship with either Microsoft or Nintendo ... a company's main aim is to make money .. they wouldn't let a petty thing like jealousy, envy ot bitterness stop them from doing that.

OK? This is common sense, PS3 is only 2 years old, of course their not ready for the PS4.

Nor should they blab about their ideas to anyone at this point in time.

Edit: Lol, I pretty much said the same thing as Kantor.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

seece said:
Neoraf said:

Microsoft and Nintendo.

Best deal.

The new SCE:
Game publisher.
Game developer.
The Sega way.

He is brave.  Slowly working his way up to be the top Sony hater on VGChartz, woot!

lol

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

axumblade said:
seece said:
axumblade said:
Neoraf said:

Microsoft and Nintendo.

Best deal.

The new SCE:
Game publisher.
Game developer.
The Sega way.

How is that good for everyone? Having 3 big companies fighting for the attention has lead to nothing less then an amazing set of games coming out for all the systems. If there wasn't any competition for the "hardcore" gaming market, I highly doubt that all of the games would be even nearly as good as they are. 

Besides, Sony are too stubborn to turn into Sega. Their company would rather die and go over than to make games for Microsoft.

Hardly, Sony's a business not a person with a soul, and if Sony did somehow have to leave the console race and still developed games they would build a good relationship with either Microsoft or Nintendo ... a company's main aim is to make money .. they wouldn't let a petty thing like jealousy, envy ot bitterness stop them from doing that.

I could see them working with Nintendo. But I don't see it happening with Microsoft, at least not until after the next generation. Just like I couldn't picture a microsoft game hitting a PS3 any time soon (if Microsoft randomly fell out).

But I still think that having 3 big companies in the gaming market is the best for it. Having 3 large gaming companies is the perfect amount without there being too many different consoles on the market.

I agree its good to have the big 3, I don't want to lose any of them, but you can bet your bottom dollar if sony no longer made consoles Microsoft would no longer be a threat, within months it would be like they were best friends for years.

axumblade said:
chaospluto said:
seece said:
Neoraf said:

Microsoft and Nintendo.

Best deal.

The new SCE:
Game publisher.
Game developer.
The Sega way.

He is brave.  Slowly working his way up to be the top Sony hater on VGChartz, woot!

lol

We should find a way to have a "top 10" Sony haters site. I think it would be amusing. Instead of tracking sales, they track insults of the console. :) I'm curious who would win on a weekly basis.

This week...I think Gebx would be number 1. But there are several who are up there in insults as well.

I don't think Gebx insults much at all ... just posts Sony news articals that get all the fanboys irate, he can't help it if most of the news about Sony these days are negative peices.