By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Could Wii End Up Being The Best Selling Console Of All Time?

leo-j said:
Do you think it deserves it?

Hell no. But that won't stop it happening.

I wish the PS2 could stay in first place.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I think it will pass the PS2 handily.

I didn't believe it at the beginning of the generation, but it is actually possible based on the way things have been going. Not compared to handhelds though.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

leo-j said:

Yes leo-j, Nintendo deserves it. Sony decided that it's fans would go buy a 600$ console because it said Playstation 3 on it. Nintendo made a bold move and tried to appeal to a different audience. It was successful.

Batman...WTF? said:
leo-j said:

Yes leo-j, Nintendo deserves it. Sony decided that it's fans would go buy a 600$ console because it said Playstation 3 on it. Nintendo made a bold move and tried to appeal to a different audience. It was successful.

I agree.

Around the Network

If we are going by home consoles yes and I think it will. Also, I think it does deserve it for giving people a completely different gaming experience instead of the same exact thing but with better graphics. *clears throat*

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

leo-j said:

Nintendo was the only one of the console makers to design a system that appealed beyond the hardcore gamer demographic. So yes, they deserve all the sales they are getting.

leo-j said:

Troll much? Who cares?

OT: Yeah, it will be the best-selling console of all-time.

I think the Wii will pass the DS.

They're not putting the DS on cruise ships and in retirement homes and putting DS displays in theme parks and malls.

There are people buying Wii Sports and Wii Fit who don't even know what the DS is.