By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Take-Two Reports PS3 Biggest Revenue Generator

tuoyo said:
And probably the biggest loss generator as well

you don't ahve any facts to back it up ,so don't troll

Around the Network

@SpartanFX: I didn't disagree but if you don't make profit off what you are doing. What's the point? If the PS3 is their biggest revenue generator and it's where most of their games were bought for. This means the PS3 was also the biggest reason they lost money.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

@darknight

we don't know the losses were from PS3 at all.it could have been from some sort of mismanagement in their company or one million other reasons.

it shows them that a strong demand from PS3 users is there.

GTAIV08 said:
DarkNight_DS said:
Revenue means nothing if there is no profit to go with it. Who's to say if the PS3 games were profitable or not. It'd have been nice if T2 included that info with their financials. Then we'd have something to discuss!

here they come.....

I'm not PS3 bashing.  Please add something valuable to the discussion.  I merely stated a fact which was omitted.  T2 lost money, we know this as fact.  The PS3 was it's biggest revenue generator.  We also know this as fact.  We also know that T2 must have made money off the Wii and DS with what little revenue it brought in, it turned a profit for them.  Either they lost money on the PS3 or the 360 or both.  If you look at their games release list you can see that most of their games hit both the PS3 and 360.  So it's probably safe to assume they lost money off both systems.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

SpartanFX said:

@darknight

we don't know the losses were from PS3 at all.it could have been from some sort of mismanagement in their company or one million other reasons.

it shows them that a strong demand from PS3 users is there.

Yes, it shows us that PS3 owners buy games.  However, is it a good thing to show devs that even if you have a lot of PS3 owners buying games, you're still losing money off those users?  T2 needs to make some less expensive PS3 games and then hopefully they'll turn a profit off them.

Around the Network

Sony @ 35%?
Higher profit margins on games for Devs confirmed?
This should make the PS3 an even more attractive platform to develop for than it already is.
Good going, PS3! it even beat out PS2 lol

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

DarkNight_DS said:
@SpartanFX: I didn't disagree but if you don't make profit off what you are doing. What's the point? If the PS3 is their biggest revenue generator and it's where most of their games were bought for. This means the PS3 was also the biggest reason they lost money.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

that's their mistake in management
they can focus on HD console while giving more titles to wii and DS to make more money.

the thing is that the cost for going HD is high but once they are done with the engines and optimizations ,then it's pure cash for them since HD console owners buy lot's of games.

Serious_frusting said:
DarkNight_DS said:

or perhaps their losses are coming from developing for the other platforms. Trim the fat, stop making games for the PS2 etc.

they should go PS3 exclusive and drive the % up to 100!

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

DarkNight_DS said:

Um... how can PS3 be both the biggest generator of revenue and the biggest contributor to their losses? For that to make sense, they'd have to be losing money on each game they sold :S