By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Take-Two Reports PS3 Biggest Revenue Generator

"Kotaku writes: Sales were up at Take-Two Interactive, thanks to sales of games like Grand Theft Auto IV and Midnight Club: Los Angeles, but the publisher saw losses also increase to the tune of $15 million.

The company pointed to two other titles, NBA 2K9 and Carnival Games as leaders for the quarter, laying out its fiscal 2009 game plan. That includes two batches of Grand Theft Auto IV downloadable episodes due by October 31, 2009, one of which has already been announced and dated. The company boasted that more than 3 million games in the Carnival Games series have been shipped.

Take-Two list the PlayStation 3 as its biggest revenue generator on the publishing side, with 35% of the quarterly take. That beats out the Xbox 360, which brought in 28% of its publishing dollars, and the Wii, at 11%.

For the entire fiscal year, Take-Two brought in $1.5375 billion in revenue, with $97.1 million in net revenue. That's much better than the company's 2007, when it raked in $981.8 million, resulting in a loss of over $138 million."

http://kotaku.com/5112763/take+two-takes-15-million-loss-for-the-quarter-half+billion-sales-increase-for-year

I thought we had enough PS3 is doomed thread so this is like a breath of fresh air for PS3 owners.

interesting ,ha?

Around the Network

So PS3 makes them more revenue so they reward PS3 owners with exclusive DLC for the 360...

good for ps3. just dont believe all the bullshit artciles you read about the ps3 being dead and when the same thing is happening with the 360 dont believe them either, cause its all bullshit.

@million^^lol,,,we don't know what they have for PS3 owners,,,,sony made an exclusive deal with them but no one knows what it is yet.

Million said:
So PS3 makes them more revenue so they reward PS3 owners with exclusive DLC for the 360...

the decision, i mean pay off, for exclusive DLC was probably made ages ago! anyway you think the ps3 will be getting some sort of its own DLC?

Around the Network

Revenue means nothing if there is no profit to go with it. Who's to say if the PS3 games were profitable or not. It'd have been nice if T2 included that info with their financials. Then we'd have something to discuss!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

@Darknight^^^it just shows that PS3 owners do infact buy lots of game,since the revenue come from people buying games

And probably the biggest loss generator as well

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

when you look at NPD it seems like ps3 is getting murdered but worldwide, when it all adds up, its a different story and goes in ps3's favour. man europe helps sony alot! how about a video store for us sony?

DarkNight_DS said:
Revenue means nothing if there is no profit to go with it. Who's to say if the PS3 games were profitable or not. It'd have been nice if T2 included that info with their financials. Then we'd have something to discuss!

here they come.....