By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is is it possible for Valkyria Chronicles to come to the 360?

VC Has done what it can on PS3, Its not a system seller, So sure give it to 360. We expect something in return

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Badassbab said:
I hope it comes out on the 360. From what I've read it sounds like an absolute corker of a game. Why Sega decided it should be a PS3 exclusive is beyond me. C'mon Sega you know it would probably sell better on the 360!

SRPG's dont tend to sell well on any console..

Fire Emblem sold pretty well on the wii.

blazinhead89 said:
VC Has done what it can on PS3, Its not a system seller, So sure give it to 360. We expect something in return

You already got Vampire Rain. Don't be greedy.

badgenome said:
blazinhead89 said:

You already got Vampire Rain. Don't be greedy.

LOL, That doesn't even deserve to be called a game D:

Stats87 said:
mrstickball said:
@ Crazzy - The Last Remnant is an SRPG too....And it passed VC up in about 2-3 weeks.

Calling TLR a SRPG is a stretch at best,

not only that but TLR is made by Square Enix and has that traditional RPG look, VC is made by Sega and uses Anime Cel Shading.

How far into The Last Remnant did you get before declaring it not an SRPG?

Do you even own the game? I do. And it's as much a SRPG as Ogre Battle ever was....Or was Ogre Battle not an SRPG?

In fact, what makes a game an SRPG? Valkyria Chronicles has realtime shooting in it for crying out loud. Does that make it not an SRPG? Does that make it an ARPG?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
Stats87 said:
Grahamhsu said:
Stats87 said:
mrstickball said:
@ Crazzy - The Last Remnant is an SRPG too....And it passed VC up in about 2-3 weeks.

not only that but TLR is made by Square Enix and has that traditional RPG look, VC is made by Sega and uses Anime Cel Shading.

Inccorrect Valkyria Chronicles is not cell shaded it uses the Canvas graphics engine designed to create a watercolor painting in motion. Beautiful imo.

I was actually reluctant to put cell shading because I'm pretty sure that wasn't what it actually was, but I wasn't sure what else to call it. So I decided to put it anyway and wait for somebody to correct me....and here we are.

My point about visual appeal still stands though. It may be beautiful to look at, but the conventional design of TLR is likely more attractive to the average gamer.

I have no idea about visual appeal, sales, markets, and average gamer attractions so I'll just nod my head and agree =)

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

blazinhead89 said:

I'd gladly trade VC for Star Ocean 4, Sharing the love is awesome! :P

I hope

mrstickball said:
Stats87 said:
mrstickball said:

How far into The Last Remnant did you get before declaring it not an SRPG?

Do you even own the game? I do. And it's as much a SRPG as Ogre Battle ever was....Or was Ogre Battle not an SRPG?

In fact, what makes a game an SRPG? Valkyria Chronicles has realtime shooting in it for crying out loud. Does that make it not an SRPG? Does that make it an ARPG?

VC does not have realtime shooting, it has realtime aiming, and then you choose to shoot and end your action for that turn.

leo-j said:
Badassbab said:
I hope it comes out on the 360. From what I've read it sounds like an absolute corker of a game. Why Sega decided it should be a PS3 exclusive is beyond me. C'mon Sega you know it would probably sell better on the 360!

SRPG's dont tend to sell well on any console..

Not completely true if you include past successes. But Sega should try with a 360 RPG, it's worth a shot. After all, individually 360 owners buy more games than any other console owners, especially critically acclaimed games. I can't think of one critically acclaimed game that has done poorly on the 360.