By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 3 Now a "Movie Downloading Machine"

xlost7 said:
Nice, I could care less about Netflix. I used it two times and it doesn't look like I will be using it again. Not being about to view Sony Picture movies is a bummer.

This issue was resolved less than a week after NXE launched.  The movies which were blocked are now available.

Around the Network

haha i dont think they will be advertising home.
it turned out to be a flop.. and i was looking forward to it.

hello how are you.

Paperdiego said:

um...what?

How do you recon that?

It's been out for less than a week, AND IT"S STILL IN OPEN BETA!

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Spankey said:
Paperdiego said:

um...what?

How do you recon that?

It's been out for less than a week, AND IT"S STILL IN OPEN BETA!

Exactly! It's not a finished product and it has already flopped? Please.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Thats it sony! Your games arent selling, so start advertising the movie download capabilities of your console instead!

I doubt it will have much effect...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

Movie download is probably pure profit for them so they are going to advertise it to maximize cash returns from their fanbase.

And it actually might be good idea to let it sink into consumer head that those 400$ give you more than bluray and games.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
Movie download is probably pure profit for them so they are going to advertise it to maximize cash returns from their fanbase.

And it actually might be good idea to let it sink into consumer head that those 400$ give you more than bluray and games.

100% agreed

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

FishyJoe said:
So let me get this straight, they won't advertise the blu-ray features of the PS3, but they spend lots of money of promoting the download movie features of PS3?

Here in the Netherlands they are ONLY promoting it as a blu-ray machine:

"Watch the Dark Knight on Blu-Ray!!! On your PS3!!!" or "HD movies, Superior Quality in Sound & Picture, BLU-RAY!! now on PS3" TV commercials all over the place about this Blu Ray machine called PS3... doesn't even mention it also plays games..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

sega4life said:
xlost7 said:
Nice, I could care less about Netflix. I used it two times and it doesn't look like I will be using it again. Not being about to view Sony Picture movies is a bummer.

hmm.... are you not using Netflix because there are no Sony Movies?

Netflix = Streaming $8.95 for over 33,000 movies

OR 

PSN or XBL= Rentals are $1.99 - $5.99 each...

why someone would not use Netflix as opposed to XBL or PSN movies is well... beyond my understanding..

well maybe I look at it from a mortgage / family point of view, were price is key.

Well if you only rent 1 or 2 movies a month or want to own them then netflix isn't really the best solution.

Check out my game about moles ^

I think most people are overlooking the simple fact that the advertisement istelf gets the message across very clearly and is even slightly humourous.

Is Sony turning a new leaf? Can we finally stop seeing ridiculous and confusing commercials promoting the PS3?

Tune in next week to find out...