By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Blizzard "May" Join the console market.

PSUNews: "Blizzard Entertainment has certainly got its hands full at present, with Diablo III, Starcraft II and a little game known as World of Warcraft all conspiring to deprive the company's teams (not to mention their fans) of sleep and love lives. Not one to spare his employees a challenge, Chief Operating Officer Paul Sams has revealed that Blizzard would certainly make a game for consoles - but only if it's the "right" game.

"Our attitude is, what game will we make?" Sams told GamesIndustry.biz in an interview, "This is the game we want to make, so what is the appropriate platform for that game? And if the answer is PC only, then we've proven that we're comfortable with that.

"In the event that we think it should be a different platform, we'll explore that, and if the right answer is to do that for the game that we're making, we will."

According to Sams, Blizzard is in "constant" communication with Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft. "We keep in constant contact with all the console manufacturers, we have a great relationship with them. When they do their roadshows and go talk to the publishers that they work with, they always come and see us - and when we're in their areas we always go see them."

"So we have the relationships," he went on. "And believe me, they want to see us on their platforms, but we haven't had the right game for it yet. But I don't think that at any level suggests that we won't be there if the right game comes along."

-OMG AWESOME SAUCE!!!

Around the Network

LOST VIKINGS 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Diablo 3 for consoles would make sense. ( and sell millions upon millions)

Starcraft/Wow would not work very well.

OMG! that would be brilliant.
I would love to see warcraft 4 on consoles

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

hah I love how the made images show the HD consoles while Blizzard typiclly makes pointer games and activly uses lower hardware specs with artistic design to appeal to the largest market of gamers.

Anyways this could be a long time in coming. They had a SC spin off that eventually got dropped. I bellieve it started as a GC then migrated to other consoles.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network

WiiStation360,

Do not forget Starcraft Ghost. A game like that could do very well on consoles.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Bah I'll take Diablo 3 for 360 and the PS3 can have World of Warcraft

Rock N Roll Racing 2 confirmed?!?! I bloody wish.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

While that's a huge change of stance for Blizzard it's still nothing at all.

When reading the thread title, I first thought this was a rumor about Blizzard launching their own console.