By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many languages do you speak?

• German (perfect)
  • English (fluently, some mistakes can happen though)
  • French (just 4 years in school - well, enough to survive)
  • Russian (just started it)

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

English, Serbian, Bosnian, Croatian fluently, though the last three are very similar.
And limited Spanish.

Yeah you're cheating branko ^^One of my friend is serbian and she told me that serbian = croatian = bosnian (and it's possible to understand russian)

Spanish, English, German and a little French.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

-Español (Spanish) My native language (and i say native because i learned it first but almost simultaneously with my 2nd language)
-English (2nd language, full)
-Português (Portuguese) 70%, i can defend myself.

Then the languages i'm below 50%

-Nihongo (Japanese) i know the hiragana and katakana alphabet, i know some words and phrases, some kanji, full romaji to guide myself, and some complex translations.
-Français (French) some words and phrases, some of the writing.
-Guānhuà (Mandarin, 1st Official language of China) i know some letters, the pinyin to guide myself, and some words.

Around the Network
UTremble said:
Yeah you're cheating branko ^^One of my friend is serbian and she told me that serbian = croatian = bosnian (and it's possible to understand russian)

It's like speaking English in different regions of the US, or the UK (Scottish and English talk very different)

masterb8tr said:
Mummelmann said:

Kanskje Sean Banan er her inne også?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHCAc4fGdFs

tviler..

This is swedish?

English
Conversational Japanese (Loosing it now since I don't use it much, Though I can still understand what is used on Heroes)

Studied French 10 years ago - Gone now.

As said before most Americans, who were born here, do not speak more than one language. One of the main reasons is it is not a necessity for us to learn more than one, unlike in Europe where each country speaks another language. Unfortunately that is why all of my time studying French is going to waste, I wish I could have used it enough to keep it. We can even get by using English in our neighboring countries. Though Spanish is becoming more and more important to understand.

English, Spanish, learning Italian.

One_touch_KO said:
masterb8tr said:
Mummelmann said:

Kanskje Sean Banan er her inne også?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHCAc4fGdFs

tviler..

This is swedish?

Indeed it is.

"You think Sean Banan is in here too? "

"Doubt it.."

That is pretty accurate I think, but I am translating from my danish here.