By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: Boom Blox and de Blob bombed

The same guy who said PSN only has 1 million users.

Around the Network

That dude is just being ignorant, calling games flops that had no hype behind them (bb was a suprise, de Blob had some kind off expectations), little or no marketing that still have sold extremely well.

This guy should look how well is de blob doing now.

Gary said:
The same guy who said PSN only has 1 million users.

Yeah, that guy never back up his claims with actual data. He could just say: according to our data or according to NPD, that game didn't sell very well. No, this guy is using forum knowledge and he's talking about the global success of a game by saying that a member of his family is enjoying a game. I'm starting to wonder if he actually makes analysis at all.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Squilliam said:

Perhaps hes right, but the information hes got is incomplete.

I suppose that's possible. But considering what we've seen of him so far, and how he openly admits to not really understanding why the PS3 is down and the Wii is up, I think it's just that Pachter lacks the analytical skills required for his job (or he's lying to the public and giving better advice to the paying customers). I'm not saying I could do that much better, mind you, but even I have a better track record than Pachter at this point, and I don't have access to the same numbers that he does.

RolStoppable said:
NJ5 said:
Newflash: Industry analyst makes stupid remark which doesn't take available data into account

What else is new?

Me and my brother secured a number one spot in the Trauma Center: New Blood worldwide rankings without even trying to play the operation specifically for a high score.

Grats.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
Godot said:

According to Michael Pachter, it was sad to see Wii original games bomb like de Blob and Boom Blox fail. The same de Blob that sold more than Fable II and Resistance 2 in North America last week. What do you think?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43647.html?type=flv

By the way, I don't know how to embed that video.

It really outsold Fable 2 last week?  I don't believe that and I'm sure NPD's December numbers will show otherwise.

RolStoppable said:
NJ5 said:
Newflash: Industry analyst makes stupid remark which doesn't take available data into account

What else is new?

Me and my brother secured a number one spot in the Trauma Center: New Blood worldwide rankings without even trying to play the operation specifically for a high score.

Cool so your brother loves video games too?

Legend11 said:
Godot said:

According to Michael Pachter, it was sad to see Wii original games bomb like de Blob and Boom Blox fail. The same de Blob that sold more than Fable II and Resistance 2 in North America last week. What do you think?

It really outsold Fable 2 last week?  I don't believe that and I'm sure NPD's December numbers will show otherwise.

Well, according to our data (vgchartz) there is a 2k difference. De Blob has seen a huge increase in the last 2 weeks. However, NPD will not confirm or deny this because both will be far from the top 10.

That's one of the problem with Pacther. It doesn't seem to have yet realized that the Wii games sell with legs.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Legend11 said:
Godot said:

Fable was number 19 in November's NPD. There a good chance that neither game will show up in any publicly available NPD data for December.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Listen to FishyJoe people.