By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: Boom Blox and de Blob bombed

Malachi said:

Poor, Poor Squilliam, want so bad that the games flop that he has to invent reason why the number aren't right. Case in point BB sold 18k last week, ha!

Telling if a game is a flop by NPD? Yeah, imagine a game that sold, say 20k in the US, is it a flop? Come on say yes, then go look at DQ Vll. Now you see what a joke it is.

I have these strange red spots, do you know how I can get rid of them discretely?

Tease.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Squilliam said:
noname2200 said:
Squilliam said:
Remember! He has better data than you do. He has NPD, we just have Vgchartz. Its good for the bigger releases, but who knows how much De-Blob actually sold?

THQ, presumably.

And isn't NPD just the U.S.? Wouldn't a world-wide picture serve us better?

We've under/Overtracked a console by more than 20% at times, we could be even further off for a much smaller console game release. Afterall its more difficult to track the smaller releases than the bigger ones, and its not unheard of Vgchartz being more than 100% high on some releases like Madden for Wii.

Fully granted, but we still have THQ calling it a success. And he questions Boom Blox, which we know for sure has done well.

Nah. Pachter's wrong yet again. Perhaps if we have a reputable source questioning it, I'd be willing to look more closely into THQ's claim, but for now I'm not convinced.

Perhaps hes right, but the information hes got is incomplete.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
noname2200 said:
Squilliam said:
noname2200 said:
Squilliam said:
Remember! He has better data than you do. He has NPD, we just have Vgchartz. Its good for the bigger releases, but who knows how much De-Blob actually sold?

THQ, presumably.

And isn't NPD just the U.S.? Wouldn't a world-wide picture serve us better?

We've under/Overtracked a console by more than 20% at times, we could be even further off for a much smaller console game release. Afterall its more difficult to track the smaller releases than the bigger ones, and its not unheard of Vgchartz being more than 100% high on some releases like Madden for Wii.

Fully granted, but we still have THQ calling it a success. And he questions Boom Blox, which we know for sure has done well.

Nah. Pachter's wrong yet again. Perhaps if we have a reputable source questioning it, I'd be willing to look more closely into THQ's claim, but for now I'm not convinced.

Perhaps hes right, but the information hes got is incomplete.

The man is a professional 'expert" commentator. He should have access to complete information. If he does not, then he should sit down, shut the f**k up and quit making a complete fool out of himself always playing straight man for Malstrom.

Maybe his sources misleading him?

According to EA, Boom Blox is right on the track.
According to THQ, de Blob did well with Saint Rows 2.

End of the Stupid Pachter story.

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

Around the Network

Nevertheless, Boom Blox sold over 600K and De Blob is well set on reaching at least 500K, that isn't a flop.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

These people are employed to push propaganda, that is now clearly much less credible, that will hurt economic growth in the whole video game sector.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Pachter and his silly predictions again, I bet Prince of Persia and Mirror's Edge bombed more than De Blob and Boom Blox ever been.

Why he was anti-Wii again? He was pro Wii a month or even a week ago :/

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Newflash: Industry analyst makes stupid remark which doesn't take available data into account

What else is new?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

With these analysts and Pachter I missed Malstrom's articles which is more entertaining BTW than Pachter's predictions, the good news was he will post his articles in a month or two but definitely really soon. I didnt visit his article site since last May or June I dunno...

Im surprised no one remembers about LBP as SONY's BIG weapon in the last bonus round.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg