By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Cleanup Hitter for 2009 will be.....

Max King of the Wild said:
pearljammer said:
kungfusqurrel said:

if ps3 succumbs to dust, the 360 fans well finally get gt5 and all of ps3 titles, killzone 2 will be remade for 360, resistance will be remade also, everything that ps3 touched will be transformed into 360, omg that's kinda scary if i were sony, i mean everything that you build disappeared over night and you wondering huh wtf happened i thought my ps3 was the shitnitz. scary, real scary. a worst dream come true, unfortunately this dream can get very real. maybe ken foresaw this dream and quit early while ps3 was doing ok? LOL.

anyway forza 3 and viva pinata 4-5 is what i look forward to.

Has anyone else read this post and simply felt disappointed that they were literate?

wow... just wow.... you don't know how many times i pushed the "quote" button for that comment just to stare blankly at my screen not knowing what to post for a response you just typing up something just o read it what i wrote and it not making any sense at all just to delete it....

But you! you sum up my feelings pretty damn well

You nailed it on the head.  This post made my jaw drop I am without words.  I

Around the Network
Dodece said:
@Max King of the Wild

Mass Effect 2 going to the PS3 is highly unlikely. First Microsoft probably traded away the first games publishing rights on the PC to Electronic Arts to secure the trilogies exclusivity. Secondly I have neither scene or heard of Bioware hiring staff conversant with the Cell architecture. So there is no anecdotal evidence as to the possibility, and a great deal of anecdotal evidence to the contrary. Oh and Electronic Arts does have platform specific studios in case you were unaware.

@topic

Jet Force Gemini

Dragon Age: Origins is coming to the PS3, so Bioware likely has staff that is familiarizing themselves with the PS3's architecture.

Still, I'd be relatively surprised if ME II came to the PS3.  But not disappointed.  As long as I get to play it on my 360, its all good.

marciosmg said:
When I read the title, I read Microsoft Cleanup Hitler for 2009, LOL

Damn it. Ever since you said that, I've been reading it as "Cleanup Hitler."

Darth Tigris said:
Dodece said:
@Max King of the Wild

Mass Effect 2 going to the PS3 is highly unlikely. First Microsoft probably traded away the first games publishing rights on the PC to Electronic Arts to secure the trilogies exclusivity. Secondly I have neither scene or heard of Bioware hiring staff conversant with the Cell architecture. So there is no anecdotal evidence as to the possibility, and a great deal of anecdotal evidence to the contrary. Oh and Electronic Arts does have platform specific studios in case you were unaware.

@topic

Jet Force Gemini

Dragon Age: Origins is coming to the PS3, so Bioware likely has staff that is familiarizing themselves with the PS3's architecture.

Still, I'd be relatively surprised if ME II came to the PS3.  But not disappointed.  As long as I get to play it on my 360, its all good.

the only problem with this is that bioware always owned the ip.  they signed some weird agreement (like bioware could opt out if they paid money or something) but i think it was only for the first game.

im just not sure how interested ms would be in keeping it exclusive.  i dont think they will pay the exclusive money.  it would just continue this race to the bottom which is hurting/hindering the industry so much.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Light Yagami said:
alan wake. best looking console game this gen. Mass Effect 2 will be good too :)

Well you can't really say that when the only footage and screens we got are from the PC version.

Around the Network

to be honest, right now it looks like Sony finally has a better line up with KZ2 and Uncharted 2 and God of War 3.

So its either a weaker year for MS or they announce something spectacular.

I dont think Mass Effect 2 and Alan Wake are going to outsell the 3 above. Mass Effect 2 will be great and will have better sales then its predecessor, but its still an RPG and wont sell with the same big numbers as a shooter or action game (look at fable 2). Alan Wake actually the same story, its not clear what it actually is. I know its probably fantastic and all, but its still a new IP that has to proof itself.

I dont see an exclusive call of duty (that would be fantastic for MS), maybe some exclusive content, but that concept is still very dodgy.

"Mass Effect 2" - 3.5 millions
"Risen" - 2 milions
"Forza Motorsport 3" - 3 millions
"Alan Wake" 2.5 millions
"Killer Instinct 3" -2 millions
Microsoft secret project(News Halo or Rare's FPS) 5 millions

You forgot Halo 3 ODST

Metsadah said:
to be honest, right now it looks like Sony finally has a better line up with KZ2 and Uncharted 2 and God of War 3.

So its either a weaker year for MS or they announce something spectacular.

I dont think Mass Effect 2 and Alan Wake are going to outsell the 3 above. Mass Effect 2 will be great and will have better sales then its predecessor, but its still an RPG and wont sell with the same big numbers as a shooter or action game (look at fable 2). Alan Wake actually the same story, its not clear what it actually is. I know its probably fantastic and all, but its still a new IP that has to proof itself.

I dont see an exclusive call of duty (that would be fantastic for MS), maybe some exclusive content, but that concept is still very dodgy.

See, that's what I really just do not understand.  Why are people thinking that Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 and God of War III will be HUMONGOUS sales giants???  What evidence is there that really backs that up?

GoW sold 3.21 mil with 2.48 of that being in the US.  GoWII sold 2.35 mil (a big drop, mind you) and 1.64 of that was in the US.  Currently, NA is Sony's slowest market.  So why is it that suddenly this is the game that will see Halo 3 or SSBB numbers on the PS3 worldwide?  It makes.  No.  Sense.

KZ2 ................... the first game sold 750k in shooter happy NA.  Your witness.

Uncharted 2.  Ok, the first game sold 2.18 mil to burgeoning PS3 audience after a pretty slow start.  Its a beloved game by many from a talented and respected developer that got good review scores.  The majority of sales were in the largest PS3 market Europe.  That bodes well for the sequel, which should improve nicely on the formula.  Sadly, everything I stated there also was what we felt coming into the release of Resistance 2 (exception being that the first sold 3.35 mil; much higher than Uncharted) and look how that has turned out so far with its sales.

I'm not saying that all of the MS games will sell big, ridiculous numbers (2008 see VP:TiP, Too Human, NGII and BK:N&B), but there ISN'T a substantial reason to believe that they will sell less than the PS3 releases that were cited.

Now Gran Turisimo 5, on the other hand . . .

i doubt there will be much in 2009, i do expext 360 to sell more consoles in 2009 over ps3 though, but regarding games...........ps3 has the far better offerings.

"i think people are putting to much hopes in killer instinct 3" i want that game but it wont be a must have title, i dont think any fighter is anymore

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...