By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

Turn-based FFVI style.

Around the Network

the 1st topic of this thread is battle systems which won the vote. like i have said already in this thread the battle system i enjoyed the most was "legend of dragoon" , followed closely by "shadow hearts". i like the timing square for legend of dragoon and the judgement ring for shadow hearts, makes u pay attention and makes the game more interesting as well. what battle system or systems are u favorite and why?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Legend Of Dragoon battle system was good as well.
Maybe some love for FF XII?Nah.
Grandia's the best.It keeps you cheking what happens and not just push XXXXXX,and if you notice enemy is doing some area damage,you need to 1 run away from your partners, 2 hit it with something to cancel it, 3 keep hitting him so he slows down a bit and try to finish it 4 just heal everyone up so they won't die.

At games like Final Fantasy,it just comes.

Take my love, take my land..

grandia series battle system is good as well. it seems most ppl i have talked to about grandia 3 didnt really like it, but i liked it alot was the most fun i had in a grandia game.

I have loved all Grandia games, Grandia 3 IMO is a bit uneven in difficulty but otherwise they are all really fun and engaging. I spent nearly 80+ hours on Grandia and 90+ on Grandia 2, In Grandia 3 I have spent nearly 30+ hours but I have found out taht I need to grind a little bit more as I am getting my a$$ handed to me by some monsters in the level (even though I usually grind a little bit in every dungeon so that the next dungeon is easier.

Around the Network
Simulacrum said:
Legend Of Dragoon battle system was good as well.
Maybe some love for FF XII?Nah.
Grandia's the best.It keeps you cheking what happens and not just push XXXXXX,and if you notice enemy is doing some area damage,you need to 1 run away from your partners, 2 hit it with something to cancel it, 3 keep hitting him so he slows down a bit and try to finish it 4 just heal everyone up so they won't die.

At games like Final Fantasy,it just comes.

I loved Grandia for that reason, it was so nice and refreashing to have a combat system that required something other than mindlessly pushing X or casting spell y and yet you could still domiate late game if you were skilled enough.

i just bought shadow hearts today for $5 at gamestop, really liked that game. does anyone else think that square-enix will announce grandia 4 at e3 in 09? star ocean series battle system is also more than a simple button press here and their, same for eternal sonata. that was a fun combo system too.

oh and the topic for anyone who wants too discuss will be stories. which one was your favorite and why? mine would be "lost odssey", the scripted writings appearing on the screen and how u had to use your imagnation to picture what was going on in kaim's past and just the overall tone of the game, just perfect for me anyways.

WRPGs>>>JRPGs

Fauvorite story?
Well this is hardest question of all time..
So lets get started with my top rpg:s :
My fauvorite game,Grandia 1:You feel like you are living adventure yourself.Everyting that Justin does make you smile and happy.I laughed many many times in game,but there is that other side as well.

Final Fantasy X:I think this however has best story.Tidus is happy man with cool attitude,whit his father Jeth,famous blittzballplayer and a guardian with Auron,which is most interesting side-charachter.It would take too much to write all,so I think you already know.

Take my love, take my land..