By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 sales falterning in the largest weeks of the year?

Ok, I know this is mostly local, but I have a feeling this is the same accross at least most of the US.

I went to Wal-Mart today, and what did I see?  A mess of frantic Christmas shoppers.  I make my way to the electronics section, and what did I find?  First, I checked the PS3 section, and there were 5 PS3's completely filling the bottom bay.  I continued on, and all PS2's were sold.  I went further, and every single Xbox 360 was sold save for one Elite ($400, understandable).  Then ofcourse there were absolutely no Wii's, but plenty of DS's.

Now, if this is the case for most areas world wide, what does this say for the PS3?  This is the highest selling weeks of the year, and yet it is more in stock now than any other console by a large degree.  Will sales of the PS3 these coming 2 weeks show a YOY decline from last year?  Last year, the PS3, 360, and Wii in these few weeks were selling:

December 15th-29th

Console Wii PS3 X360
Total

Do you think it will be able to match that this year, or be much lower?  From the looks of things, I'm gonna guess an amazing 3.5-4.5 million Wii's, 2-3 million 360s, and only 1.2 Million PS3's, a YOY decline of nearly 300k.

Around the Network

Any comments or predictions? Any similar stories from your local stores?

What the hell is falterning?

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

Another one

mM

Damn grammar Nazi's. Faltering. =p

Around the Network

5... or is it 6...

leo-j said:
Another one

Hmmm... I guess if you have nothing productive to say, and no intention of answering the questions, maybe you shouldn't post, ok Leo?  Now, this is not a "DOOM AND GLOOM PS3" thread.  Simply asking for observations from others and asking what you think the sales will be and if the YOY will be higher or lower.

@Xen and now DMeisterJ - Read ^^

Sheesh, I get hit by all the PS3 vigilants and no sensible reply has yet been made... Ok, anyone that would like to actually contribute?

I seemed to have lost count.

Nightsurge, we are not allowed to talk about ps3 doing bad anymore. Just saying those appears to be the new rules. Whose rules, I have no idea.

Yes regardless if it is decline or doom thread, sales of the game, or even the software for the console....like Home!

Acevil said:

Nightsurge, we are not allowed to talk about ps3 doing bad anymore. Just saying those appears to be the new rules. Whose rules, I have no idea.

Yes regardless if it is decline or doom thread, sales of the game, or even the software of the console....like horrible Home!

It isn't a rule, just that everyone is a bit tired now. Nightsurge, Ever since the NPD numbers, we have threads spelling doom for the PS3 pop up every hour or so and despite your thread going in a whole different direction, your title seems to be about the PS3 dieing etc. And even I , a nintendosupporter is getting tired of those threads

And thus, people are not responding the way you'd like. Best is to post your predictions in the prediction thread and let this be.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->