By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How can People critize MS for throwing Around money When Sony...

At the early stages of Original playstation

:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLzf837YDbE&feature=related

3:06 "Sony does ALL it can to Round up 3rd party devs"

Ask yourself a question why would suddenly all 3rd party devs flock to SONY playstation when systems that were avalabile to the market like the Sega 32X,Atari Jaguar,PC-FX,3DO Interactive Multiplayer,Amiga CD32,Sega Saturn,Nintendo 64

Don't you think its strange that 3rd party Devs leave ESPECIALLY nintendo in the dust to favor SONY?

i don't know all baout you guys but something seems very strange here 3rd party devs don't suddenly go and run to a unproven system at the time to make exclusive games for it.

I really wanna hear your thoughts about this..

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

Around the Network

I thought Everyone knew this.
I support these decisions though.
More games=me happy

It has nothing to do with the fact that Microsoft throws their financial weight around just like Sony. Alot of people (including certain Americans) believe in the infallibility of Japanese product and that American products could not ever get anywhere near the quality. This mentality gives them every reason in the world to ignore everything that Microsoft has done properly despite the screw ups. To put it lightly....it makes them feel safe.

It's really just another "excuse," nothing more, nothing less. Personally, when I see a fanboy mention "moneyhatting," I laugh. Denial stage

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

They criticize MS b/c they have the money to buy 100s of game studios and not feel it (anti-MS sentiment) but in all reality it is just a way big corporations break in to the game biz.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
It has nothing to do with the fact that Microsoft throws their financial weight around just like Sony. Alot of people (including certain Americans) believe in the infallibility of Japanese product and that American products could not ever get anywhere near the quality. This mentality gives them every reason in the world to ignore everything that Microsoft has done properly despite the screw ups. To put it lightly....it makes them feel safe.

Yeah but this is about software development, and America is still a king in that department.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Well lemme remind you a few things about nintendo. As you know this company had a massive lead during the nes/snes era and they asked impossible stuff to developpers like:

- very high royalties
- many exclusives games
- sometimes they wanted a independant dev to work for them, and only for them.

If you add the specific format of the N64 that was pretty dislike at that time, you understand why sony had so much 3rd party support.

They left nintendo cause they were a bunch of control nazis while Sony offered freedom and lower production costs with CDs compared to nintendos old ass cartridges.

you have no clue about anything op.

It is not the same thing for me :

- PS1 famous games are mostly new IP outside FF which needed CD to be done and Ninty decided to focus on cartridge.
at the end, Sony games taken from SNES : only FF because Ninty keep the cartridge support

- For the Xbox360, a lot of IP were old PS1/2 IP that have been "stolen" to the PSX system where they were created :

Devil May Cry, Soul Calibur, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, FF etc ...

It is not exactly the same to me to make a game for a system or to steal it from another system ...

Hopefully for PS3 owners, all these games are still on PS3 too.

Time to Work !

"stolen to the PSX system"?

What is that supposed to mean?

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya