By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 or Fallout 3?

I've been planning on getting either Fable 2 or Fallout 3, but I truly can't decide which to get first. I am going to download it to my hard drive to decrease loading times (RPGs are slow!) and only expect to get one more game before the end of the year. Please help, give me opinions on either game if you could.

Enjoy

Around the Network

I think you mean to decrease loading times.

I love Fable II, and it's much closer to what Fable was meant to have been, but I'd say go with Fallout 3. It's longer, has more replay value, and is generally better. It is, hands down, my game of the year.

^oops, yep I meant decrease

Enjoy

fable 2...

I found both games enjoyable, but Fallout 3 was longer and better. I spent about 20 hours on Fable 2 and nearly 50 on Fallout 3.

Around the Network

with fallout 3 don't rush the main story mission otherwise you'll find that you'll beat the game just as fast as Fable 2..

Both games have short main stories but the side quests in both games make them go longer and longer

Fable its kinda like a fairy tale setting meets GTA.. while fallout 3 is like oblivion IV meets First person shooter

Fable II definitely needs the HDD install the game and menu's loads much better.. fallout 3 has some minor loading improvements but the disk accessing is already quick on that anyway so you can just run that from the game disk.

Warning: Short main stories in both of these RPGs. How long is the main story in both of these games? That is what I would like to know.

Fable II

It's a tuff choice!

They are the top 2 games released in 2009 on all platforms, easili.

will the HD installation be enough to improve the loading times significantly?

Enjoy