By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 or Fallout 3?

roland32 said:
Fable 2 is a good game but Fallout 3 is a masterpiece of gaming. The side quests in Fallout 3 are just as good as the main quest and my first character had over 84 hours of game play. The game is setup for multiple styles of play and there are a lot of different ways to complete most quests. You really should install Fallout to the hard drive if only to decrease the wear and tear on your disk drive the game is huge.

that about sums up the way i feel about the two games. of course though you get out of both what you put into it, i have over 55 hours in fallout 3 and "Have Yet" to do the first quest looking for dear old dad.

don't let anyone kid you. Fable 2 is good and worth the price and you'll get plenty of playing time out of both if you play it like a RPG and enjoy the world they built for you. but Fallout 3 is the only game where I've prayed for a power outage to get me to stop playing.

Yep, i'm a girl

Around the Network

fallout 3,fable 2(imo) wasnt even close to the first one.

piggychan said:

I gotta tell you that I find Fallout 3 really atmospheric and scary at times...to the point where you feel your heartbeat beating fast..Because of this I haven't gotten very far in the game.. >.>

Hahahaha, really?? Which parts? There are some really intense moments, but I don't think there is anything all that scary. 

fallout fallout fallout!!!!!!!!!

I would go with Fallout 3 if you want a longer game.

Around the Network
freebird4 said:
piggychan said:

I gotta tell you that I find Fallout 3 really atmospheric and scary at times...to the point where you feel your heartbeat beating fast..Because of this I haven't gotten very far in the game.. >.>

Hahahaha, really?? Which parts? There are some really intense moments, but I don't think there is anything all that scary. 

its all in the eyes of the beholder, snakes don't bother me but spiders do.

Yep, i'm a girl

fallout
fallout
fallout!

bodhi14 said:
will the HD installation be enough to improve the loading times significantly?

It should and it will make everything a lot quieter - and really, the only game that you are advised NOT to copy to the HD is Halo 3.

bodhi14 said:

I've been planning on getting either Fable 2 or Fallout 3, but I truly can't decide which to get first. I am going to download it to my hard drive to decrease loading times (RPGs are slow!) and only expect to get one more game before the end of the year. Please help, give me opinions on either game if you could.

Fallout 3, 100 hours of gameplay compared to Fable 2's 20 or so, yet they are the same price.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Oh yeah - Fallout 3 and extra content is coming soon! Only on the 360.