By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii: Past 80 million by end of 2009

Wii will be nipping at the PS1's heels by the end of next year

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

O_o

Whats next?

Wii selling 160 million by 2010?

Joke

Sephiroth357 said:
Whats next?

Joke

No, more like 120-130 million by end of 2010

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

My prediction would be fairly low, in that case.

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Sephiroth357 said:
Whats next?

Joke

No, more like 120-130 million by end of 2010

Look.

I wouldnt say 80, but around 65 would be right.

@Seph

He may have misread it, I did. I thought you were calling his prediction a joke.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
I wouldnt say 80, but around 65 would be right.

It'll easily sell more than 20 million, 35-40 million is about what I expect

Considering that they're constantly ratcheting up production, AND the fact that it'll have a much more healthy list of games next year, it's a definite possibility. It'll obviously sell 'at the very least' 25 million.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."