By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGcharts Quoted

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=159052

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

It is good in some sense. But that particular website is somehwat known for getting and reporting lousy information. I'd rather vgcharts be associated with 1up, gamespot, ign, gamasutra, something like that.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Glad we're getting some attention. But that site is pretty stinky. They're the ones that started the wave of "are Wii sales slipping as the Novelty wears off?" stories. Since sales weren't waning at all, you might be wondering what source they used. Turns out the article was written around a comment by a poster on their forum saying "I'm starting to get bored with the Wii" Now if thats not bad reporting, I don't know what is. But in other news, go us!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

yeesh, yeah, the site's not too great...but it's something. out of curiousity, what are the other sites like us? where else could sites get reliable sales info? I know nexgenwars.com, but we all know it's a little off, and the forums suck too.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Wii_gamer said: Nice! We've had a few good mentions on other sites which is great news. Unfortunately we seem to have to attract hate from some quarters - X360 fans for example like to knock our data as they keep saying that the 360 has sold over 10 million - failing to note the difference between shipped and sold. The next step for us is to hopefully gain more and more respect within the wider gaming community. Broshnat works long hours to put together and present the data on here, liasing with a number of sources and I'm trying to market the site more and look after things like the forums. With a team of mods on board and maybe a small team of columnists, we hope to go from strength to strength...
I love to see where you guys wanna take this site. The website is going in the direction I would like it to go. I think it's for the better. I love screaming and yelling in the forums about how great the PS3 is. But the Wii has selling points. DUH. That's why it's selling so well. Screaming "PS3 SUCKS" don't do any good... for anything. There's alot of stuff going on like that. Here in the last 2 days... If they had the in-site messaging system. You'd be getting alot of Mail Wii. :P I would say go read all the threads, but there were alot and that would take alot of time. :P But some of them got ugly. One guy's sole purpose here, seems to be to be offensive towards me. I think one of his posts was halfway on topic.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

What the hell are you talking about computerandvideogames ? Are you so ignorant that you dont even know who they are ? C & VG ,or computer and video games as you like best ,is perhaps the oldest and more prestigious videogame mag of the UK .They have been around since the days of the Vic20 and ZX81 in the late 70s and early 80s for gods sake !! To compare them to 1UP is nearly blasphemous . Their article about Wii wasnt very appropiate but actually it had a point .....something like "well it is here ,we have seen what it can do ,we are waiting for games and the ports arent half good ....will the hype die down ?" .

I may be from the States but I know who CVG is. I knew they had been around since the late 80s but I had no idea they went back as far as the 70s. Anyway, Diomedes is right about CVG. They are highly respected. They are the Famitsu of the UK.