By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii sales pass 10 million worldwide!

leo-j said:
Ishy said:
@ llewdebkram

yeah i got cussed so much for being a cube owner, every1 was so SONY SONY then, but the wind is changing.

How old are you?

His profile says he's 15.

I'm 17 and I too was made fun of for owning a 'Cube.

Around the Network

The only thing newsworthy about this is how fast they managed to sell 10 million. Nintendo has proven that they can sell upwards of 20 million off the strength of their own titles.

The real test will come once it finally reaches that number and how fast and far it can push beyond that. There isn't a doubt in my mind that it won't, just curious to see how big will this thing become. Will the word video games be synonymous with Wii as it currently is PlayStation.....

There are loads of people who don't even know what a Wii is, but once they have experienced it they will be hooked. Nintendo is CURRENTLY seeing great success, but they still have a lot of work today, so I hope they don't rest on this current success and get the big head............

I like Bacon said:
leo-j said:
Ishy said:
@ llewdebkram

yeah i got cussed so much for being a cube owner, every1 was so SONY SONY then, but the wind is changing.

How old are you?

His profile says he's 15.

I'm 17 and I too was made fun of for owning a 'Cube.

I'm 29 and was given odd looks and scoffs for owning a GC and an N64 before it.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I think this comes down to a momemtum thing. The Wii has been riding high, and at some point it will get a bit stagnant. That may not happen this holiday season though. What I do see is that the 360 because of it's major titles coming this holiday season, starting with Halo 3 in September, along with the price drop across all three platforms is going to outperform everyone. With games like Mass Effect hype, and Bio shock getting great attention/review's they have good titles on the shelves for the audience. We also can not forget that Halo 2 did 125 million in billing at its release, and it pushed systems. Halo 3 will do the same, just look at the pre-orders. I know many people who own Wii's planing to get a 360 and vice versa. The Wii doesn't have a better line-up of games that will make a dent over the 360's. I anticipate the 360 being ahead of it by 700,000 to 800,000 units after the holidays because of that...

ResiRiley said:
There are loads of people who don't even know what a Wii is, but once they have experienced it they will be hooked. Nintendo is CURRENTLY seeing great success, but they still have a lot of work today, so I hope they don't rest on this current success and get the big head............

They can reast easy. Consoles don't go from best to worst over night. As long as they make the software, their fine.

Around the Network

28... and given the same looks...
Of course, I had the others too.

I like video games.
They are ALL great... 'cept Bebe's kids for NES

I just hope Nintendo does not go down the dark path of "the big ego"
Say something like "We could sell 5 million consoles based on name alone for our next system without software"

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

Thrillhouse said:
28... and given the same looks...
Of course, I had the others too.

I like video games.
They are ALL great... 'cept Bebe's kids for NES

I just hope Nintendo does not go down the dark path of "the big ego"
Say something like "We could sell 5 million consoles based on name alone for our next system without software"

Thankfully Iwata doesn't seem to have the ego Yamauchi had.

Yeh, but what that means is that nintendo's seal of quality gets slapped on any rubbish game- I'm llookin at u far cry

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Ishy, there were horrible titles under Yamauchi's watch too.

Superman 64 anyone? 

lol when I had a cube, i had 2 argue abt the wii's potential and I got cussed a lot then, it was us 2 nintendo boys (he only had an n64 tho, so he was a hindrance rather than a help,lol his fave game was ocarina), but now when i try to argue wiv ppl about the wii's success and ps3's relative failure, they change the subject and try and get out of it.

Funny really, but o well, lol. I was a former sega man (had a DC), so this is the first time i can 'gloat' about sales in the home console arena.

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man