By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what was the best game ending that u ever saw and why?

I don't know, Twilight Princess's ending is just so fucking amazing. I mean I've never gotten so emotional over any ending in a game ever. It's just an experience as an ending. Game was just so amazing.

Around the Network
1337 Gamer said:
CGI-Quality said:
MGS4 had the most emotionally compelling ending I've ever seen in a video game!!!

No halo 2 had the most emotionally compelling ending!!! Ive never been so compelled to throw my controller and Cuss like a sailor as i was at the ending of that game!!! :P lol

Actually, I totally dug Halo 2's ending. It had an awesome Empire Strikes Back feel to it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
anyone else like the ending to legend of dragoon?

i <3 joo

i loved lod.  but my favorite has to go to smash.  It has a giant "GAME" across the whole screen.  you know you have won and there are no questions asked.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Honestly, I don't think I've really been impressed with a game ending since I was 12 years old playing Metroid.

I keep running through game endings and come up with mediocrity piled on more mediocrity. Even games like Mass Effect, while satisfying, were still pretty meh overall. Which is probably why I enjoyed Halo 2's ending. I didn't see it coming and that sticks with me.

If I had to pick one, SotC is pretty damned good. Then again, that game is bottled genius from front to back.

MGS4 would have been great had it ended with the epic boss fight. All of Kojima's ramblings after that point killed it for me. I just wanted it to end. It was Return of the King-esque. The climax is done, the player is emotionally spent, and then the director/producer decides it's time to tie up every loose end strewn throughout hours and hours of gameplay/footage. It kills the moment.

Earthbound and Mother 3

Cause they're the only games that made me think deep philosophical thoughts and made me cry being so attached to the characters.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
MGS4 would have been great had it ended with the epic boss fight. All of Kojima's ramblings after that point killed it for me. I just wanted it to end. It was Return of the King-esque. The climax is done, the player is emotionally spent, and then the director/producer decides it's time to tie up every loose end strewn throughout hours and hours of gameplay/footage. It kills the moment.

then you wouldnt like the actual books.  in the actual books they finish their journey and then celebrate and tie up all the loose ends in the world of men, which is where it would have been best to stop.  everyone is happy and everything anyone has grown attatched to has an ending.

then you read the other half of the book.

Okami, you fools!  Not one mention of it!

Anyways, Okami has the most awe inspiring and emotional ending of all games.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
soccerdrew17 said:
rocketpig said:

then you wouldnt like the actual books.  in the actual books they finish their journey and then celebrate and tie up all the loose ends in the world of men, which is where it would have been best to stop.  everyone is happy and everything anyone has grown attatched to has an ending.

The books are structured entirely differently and delve into details the movies couldn't touch. I read them years before the films and re-read them shortly after RotK released.

Different medium, different rules. Besides, Tolkien broke pretty much every literary rule he could think of by structuring LotR the way he did. It worked when he did it... When Jackson changed the story and then lamely attempted the same maneuver with the flims, it just didn't fly.

Books cannot be compared to movies. With movies, you have an emotional rollercoaster that lasts minutes and they're more emotionally spending than a novel. With literary works, you're dedicating hours and hours to read most of them... The same ups and downs don't apply when it takes you 2 minutes to read the dialogue and environments in a book that are delivered by an actor in 20 seconds.

rocketpig said:
soccerdrew17 said:
rocketpig said:

The books are structured entirely differently and delve into details the movies couldn't touch. I read them years before the films and re-read them shortly after RotK released.

Different medium, different rules. Besides, Tolkien broke pretty much every literary rule he could think of by structuring LotR the way he did. It worked when he did it... When Jackson changed the story and then lamely attempted the same maneuver with the flims, it just didn't fly.

Books cannot be compared to movies. With movies, you have an emotional rollercoaster that lasts minutes and they're more emotionally spending than a novel. With literary works, you're dedicating hours and hours to read most of them... The same ups and downs don't apply when it takes you 2 minutes to read the dialogue and environments in a book that are delivered by an actor in 20 seconds.

lol, im just trying to make a point here.  the second half of the third book (or the actual sixth book) was mostly pointless and took away from the overall story.  the point is that things need to end and not always just drone on.  the sixth book was mostly droning on.  the middle four were excelent, the first slow, and the last was too much.

Not arguing. Tolkein recreated how novels are supposed to be written to do that. If you want to get into it really, the third or fourth book droned on needlessy because of the structure of the novel.

Once you read the entire novel, it's brilliant.

In a movie, not so much. That's my point. Don't try to change the novel and then go back to its key point because it fits your purpose.

PS. Saruman didn't die.

PPS. There was no Shire after the fact.

PPPS. There was no Wormtongue in the Shire.

PPPPS. WFT did Jackson do in the last 30 minutes of RotK?