By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Official 2009 Lineup!

Soriku said:
No need to apologize or anything :P I just wanted to correct you, because Nintendo really do have games for 2009.

As for the PS3 line up, your opinion on the Wii is kinda similar to how I feel about the PS3. Since I'm only interested in JRPGs WKC looks pretty cool but that's it for 2009 (I believe FF XIII wil come out in 2010 in NA since SE game localizations take forever...and they still have to do the 360 port WTF!). I thought 2008 was better with games like Valkyria Chronices (especially this) and Disgaea 3. WKC is really cool...but not sure it can match up to Valkyria Chronices, tbh! :P I'm sure outlaw might like me for saying this... XD

Good show! I am indeed happy that you are appreaciating a great game, but you probably won't ever play it.........

And while I love Level 5 and I'm really excited for WKC, I don't it will be as good as Valkyria.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Soriku said:
No need to apologize or anything :P I just wanted to correct you, because Nintendo really do have games for 2009.

As for the PS3 line up, your opinion on the Wii is kinda similar to how I feel about the PS3. Since I'm only interested in JRPGs WKC looks pretty cool but that's it for 2009 (I believe FF XIII wil come out in 2010 in NA since SE game localizations take forever...and they still have to do the 360 port WTF!). I thought 2008 was better with games like Valkyria Chronices (especially this) and Disgaea 3. WKC is really cool...but not sure it can match up to Valkyria Chronices, tbh! :P I'm sure outlaw might like me for saying this... XD

Good show! I am indeed happy that you are appreaciating a great game, but you probably won't ever play it.........

And while I love Level 5 and I'm really excited for WKC, I don't it will be as good as Valkyria.

Well then you two have never played Level 5's Jeanne D'Arc on PSP then. That game had one of the most touching and engrossing gameplay/story combinations I have ever experienced. From What I hear the Prof. Layton series is just as good. I have not gotten the change to fully experience VC yet but I am sure WKC can come close(not to downplay VC's greatness, just that WKC is just as great).

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Soriku said:
outlawauron said:

You never know, in the future I could score a PS3 for really cheap and buy those PS3 games I wanted like VC (though there isn't much...) Though that's FAR in the future :P

Btw, what did you think of Skies of Arcadia Legends? I don't think I ever heard your opinion on that, since both were made by the same team at all (I also wonder if they're working on SoA2...)

You don't know anyone with a PS3? Friends or family?

I got my PS2 sometime around 2003, but got to play FFX / KH much earlier. I'd just leech off my cousin

don't leech off other peoples systems. Save up some money and get one of your own. You will not regret it. These companies deserve your money if you are enjoying their games.

Greatness Awaits

Not sure what you're looking for exactly forevercloud3000, but these are from IGN (some of them are short but I'm sure they'll be updated as more info becomes available):

White Knight Chronicles:
The story of White Knight Chronicles begins in the kingdom of Balandor, where a princess's coming-of-age banquet is raided by an evil Corporation called Wizard. A boy called Leonard grabs the princess's hand and leads her to safety in the castle cellars, where he finds a strange suit of armor that transforms him into the White Knight – an ancient warrior with the strength to defeat the Wizard corporation forces. Leonard’s transformation into a mighty hero, the White Knight, is the beginning of a life-changing fantasy experience, fighting against the fiercest enemies.

Alongside the huge single player quest, adventurers will be able to meet in online lobbies to team up for their quests through the wide world of White Knight Chronicles. Players will find friendship and team spirit in abundance as they journey through a land of awe-inspiring mountains, a lofty castle, a cavernous mine and a towering mobile city built on the back of a gargantuan creature. They’ll hone their combat skills and strategy against foe after foe in gripping melee battles with enemies large and small – and they’ll join a globe-spanning community of brothers (and sisters)-in-arms with a shared taste for adventure.
--
Infamous:
A massive explosion rips through six square blocks of Empire City, leveling everything and everyone in its path. At the center of the blast crater a lone man has survived the event and has been changed forever. From the creators of the award-winning Sly Cooper series, Sucker Punch brings you inFamous, the first open-world action-adventure title exclusively for the PlayStation 3 system.

Players will experience what happens when a real person suddenly starts developing super powers. Will they exact revenge, protect the innocent or do little of both? These are the situations gamers will face when immersed inside a richly interactive and organic living city. A place where actions create broader reactions in the citizens and landscape around them. inFamous lets players unravel an evolving mystery, experience fame and/or infamy and battle powerful, iconic villains…all the while feeling what it is like to become a modern day superhero.
--
Killzone 2:
Two years after the Helghast assault on Vekta, the ISA is bringing the fight to the enemy’s home world of Helghan. Taking the role of Sev, the battle-hardened veteran of the special forces unit known as the Legion, players will embark upon a mission to the planet Helghan to capture the Helghast leader, Emperor Visari, and bring the enemy’s war machine to a halt. For Sev and his squad, the invasion of Helghan is just the beginning. Tasked with securing Pyrrhus, the Capital City, the team quickly discovers that the Helghast are a formidable enemy on their home planet. Not only have they adjusted to the planet’s hostile conditions, they have also harnessed a source of power from the environment that can be used against the ISA. Sev and his team soon discover the fight is greater than simply addressing the enemy forces; the Legion must also learn how to handle the effects of the fierce enemy planet.
--
God of War 3:
The "next chapter" in the God of War franchise, this game has been confirmed as a title in the works ... giving fans of the franchise fired up by the cliffhanger ending of God of War II the promise of a hellish conflict of unimaginable proportions.
--
Uncharted 2:
The sequel to Nathan Drake's globe-trotting adventures for history's greatest treasures, this time focused on Drake's quest to follow in the footsteps of Marco Polo.
--
Heavy Rain:
Heavy Rain is a cinematic and evolving thriller from Quantic Dream, the developer behind the critically acclaimed Fahrenheit. Dealing with a range of adult themes, the game revolves around a sophisticated plot and strong narrative threads that explore a complex moral proposition. You assume the role of multiple characters, with very different backgrounds, motivations and skills, in a world shaped by Bending Storylines - a dynamic narrative design where your actions and decisions will shape your story.

It's all about the game.

Around the Network

Yakuza 3:
The third official entry in the Yakuza franchise (following up on PlayStation 3 after the Edo era prequel Yakuza: Kenzan!) Yakuza 3 continues the storyline following the events of Yakuza 2. The game returns to Kamiyacho, the setting of the original and the primary setting of the sequel, and features Kazuma Kiryu in the main character role once again.

Yakuza 2 added a new location to the game world, a version of Kamiyacho located in the Osaka area. In Yakuza 3, Okinawa has that role. Yakuza 3 also continues with series traditions of making use of famous actors for its voice staff and also tapping into real world brands for in-game signs and shops. The game uses the impressive Yakuza: Kenzan! engine to create a lifelike representation of the hustle and bustle of urban Japan.
--
Demon's Souls:
Demon's Souls is an RPG/Adventure from Fromsoft, the makers of King's Field and Echo Night. Players start off in this action-RPG with a "dark fantasy" theme by creating their very own character, setting name, gender, hair style and other areas. They then set off on a journey deep into the heart of Voletaria, a kingdom of warriors that was destroyed with the appearance of beasts and demons. Players face off against huge beasts, some many dozen times the size of their character, making use of a variety of weapons. Depending on your weapon of choice, the feel of the action will change accordingly. Even individual weapons will offer play style changes depending on if used with one or both hands.
--
Fat Princess:
Frantic and fun, Fat Princess pits two hordes of players against each other in comic medieval battle royale. Your goal is to rescue your beloved princess from the enemy dungeon. There’s a catch though: your adversary has been stuffing her with food to fatten her up and it’s going to take most of your army working together to carry her back across the battlefield.

You can switch between five different character classes literally at the drop of a hat: the fearless Warrior, the steadfast Archer, the mystical Mage, the tireless Worker, and the deadly Priest. In order to triumph, players must combine their skills and work together. The name of the game is cooperation, whether it’s helping another player drag a log back to your castle, manning a battering ram to smash through the enemy’s front gate, or building a human pyramid to scramble over the walls.
--
Savage Moon:
Savage Moon sees you protecting a remote off-world mining facility from waves of ravenous space bugs, looking to consume everything in their path. Armed with a fearsome array of defensive weapons, your mission is to take your choice of the finest armaments known to humankind and keep the facility safe by strategically placing these guns which then automatically fire at their targets.

Will you select the dependable rapid-fire machine gun? The intimidating Chaos Tower? Or opt for another item taken from the range of destructive weaponry at your disposal? Choose carefully, as each one has to be manually positioned for the greatest effectiveness in destroying the increasing waves of monstrous insects. You are the only hope left on this Savage Moon.
--
DC Universe Online
The first project out of Sony Online's Austin studio, this action-based MMO explores the various worlds of DC Comics' superheroes and villains. Key collaborators include comic veterans Jim Lee (who serves as the game's Executive Creative Director), Ale Garza, Carlos D'Anda, and Scott Iwahashi, in addition to EverQuest developers, Chris Cao and Shawn Lord.

A massively-multiplayer experience, DC Universe Online brings high-energy action to the forefront with a combat system designed to deliver a fast-paced action experience with the extraordinary powers of your personally created heroes and villains at your disposal. Battle with or against their favorite DC Super Heroes and Villains including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and The Joker. For the very first time, players and fans will be able to enter this fabled world as an active force for good or evil.
--
Free Realms:
A light-hearted MMO designed for a broad range of game players, including children and families. Free Realms allows you to do what you want to do, when you want to do it, in a lush, living, 3D world, filled with rich landscapes and fun wildlife. From pet raising to mini-games like soccer and racing, or battling giant spiders and adventuring with friends – there’s something for everyone! With weekly and monthly content updates, regular and special events scheduled, and even the potential player-created parties and celebrations there is always something new to see and do in the world of Free Realms.
--
Gran Turismo 5:
Gran Turismo 5 takes the series to a whole new level. A first for the franchise, the game supports 16-player online racing and features new tracks, a new physics engine, a new in-cockpit view, HD support, and much more.

It's all about the game.

EyePet: Your Virtual Pet:
Developer: SCE Studios London
Release Date: Q4 2009
Genre: Virtual Pet
This cute little game lets you raise 3D virtual pets with the power of the PS3. Using PlayStation Eye, you can interact with your pet through gestures in realtime. Existing in Augmented Reality, your EyePet will be fully aware of people in the room and will interact with you and your friends in realtime -- it will even recognize items in your room and attempt to play with them! You can play with your EyePet (including tickling, playing chase games and teasing it to jump around,) customize its look and outfit, and even draw toys for it to play with!
--
Ratchet & Clank Future Untitled Sequel
Developer: Insomniac
Release Date: September 30, 2009
Genre: Action/Platformer
Following Ratchet & Clank Future and Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty, this is the third PlayStation 3 adventure for the futuristic duo.

It's all about the game.

WOOT!!!! Round of applause for lilwingman! Saving me a whole lot of tedious work. Thx man ^^

Adding...
-Everthing lilwingman put in his last 3 posts lol

Greatness Awaits

Yesss I rule! Haha, no problem. If no one else is up for it I'll get to work on the multiplats tomorrow....

(In case you were wondering, IGN has no info yet for MLB The Show '09, hence it's absence from my postings)

It's all about the game.

Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Soriku said:

You never know, in the future I could score a PS3 for really cheap and buy those PS3 games I wanted like VC (though there isn't much...) Though that's FAR in the future :P

Btw, what did you think of Skies of Arcadia Legends? I don't think I ever heard your opinion on that, since both were made by the same team at all (I also wonder if they're working on SoA2...)

There is a lot more to play on the PS3 that you'd be interested in Soriku.

I really like Skies of Arcadia. I never beat it (I regret it and I plan on continuing it later), but I played a good chunk. It was lots of fun. Neat characters, cool battle systems, and the location was very new. There aren't too many RPGs where you're a sky pirate. And, I really hope they making Skies of Arcadia 2 (although not on the platform you're hoping)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.