By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Race Pro. Looks better than Forza!

looks impressive
NOT!
nothing against Gran turismo 5 loooool
poor xbox360 user

Around the Network
selnor said:
goddog said:
gasp.... a game coming out soon, is better looking then a game out 2 years ago.... I .... I dont know how to handle this...

this would only be any real sort of surprise if the game came out say 2 months after forza2... i expect forza3 to look better then race pro.... and honestly after the comparison outside of the cockpit view its not much of an improvement

Does noone here no this developer. Let me enlighten you.

GTR is on PC. This following footage is the PC version of GTR. Now awhile back Simbin were planning a port of it to 360. People harp on about GT5 graphics, GTR on PC is insane. However Simbin decided to add to the game and change the name for the 360 version hence the delay from Spring 2007. Below is a good representation of the final product of Race Pro. What follows is PC footage of GTR.

sorry, i still dont see what your talking about really. ill go find a demo if there is one and try it out. but at the moment your still not impressing me. ive played on both platforms. and while pc racers were more impressive for a longer time, its gotten to the point where the difrences are small enough it doesnt matter .... well outside of the whole more cars at once on the pc... 

it would be nice if consoles had the ram of towers though 4 gig or so.... ive got 6 gig in my primary tower go 64 bit go... no coders start taking advantage of that crap and we will see real gains. 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Great looking game.

Is it a 360 exclusive? 

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

@ mrketchup33 )

Yes, it is.

Lafiel said:

@ selnor )

I didn't critize the graphics that much - they don't look better than Forza2 (and come january you will hear that from every reviewer aswell), but as I said before still "good enough for me"

Don't get me wrong, I love Simbins PC games. I played GTR and GT Legends and thought they were fantastic, although I never managed to be really good in those games.

And that's exactly why I can't forgive Simbin for that gameplay visible in each of the videos on gamersyde, but especially in the Koenigsegg one, with those extremely cheap and unrealistic looking impacts with other cars and the fact, that although the player is a total noob he still manages to drive to the top ranks.

I had high hopes for this game and wanted it to bring realistic sims to consoles and in fact I still hope it manages to do so in sim mode, but the arcade mode (I pray to god that thing shown was the arcade mode) is less realistic than GRID with all driving asissts on.

Ofcourse I'm not stupid enough to expect YOU to consider anything I said and I guess the only thing you will do is "ad hominem" me even more, but I wanted the people that read our little "discussion" to understand my frustration with this game.

P.S.: Gamersyde _download_ videos are far better quality than Gametrailers, the compression they use is of a distinctly higher quality. The stream-videos aren't in HD resolution, which is why GT avi HD videos look better than those, but the flash HD videos don't.

And I'm not sure what kind of complain you have with gamersydes bandwith - I get 1.4MB/s from them if I dl a vid, while I get at most 260KB/s from GT per connection with a max of 2 connections.

I kinda get it you now. :) sorry. I was harsh.

This latest playtest should quell your fears. Simbin say they have created a new engine which allows for even more realism than any of their previous games. Read all of the article below.

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/racepro/news.html?sid=6201446 

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
@ mrketchup33 )

Yes, it is.

Sweet Thanks. If it wasn't exclusive i would bother even look at it. 

Lafiel said:
@ mrketchup33 )

Yes, it is.

Sweet Thanks. If it wasn't exclusive i would bother even look at it. 

ElectroRocker said:
looks impressive
NOT!
nothing against Gran turismo 5 loooool
poor xbox360 user

This game is 100% about realism. Gran Turismo series is maybe 20% about realism.

Have fun with your arcade racing game.

SimBin Studios are well known among PC gamers. Their racing simulator games are very good and highly praised by hardcore racing fans.

It's simbin. Their games play insanely good but disappoint in the graphics department. That's their way of doing things =)

Personally, I'm eagerly awaiting this game.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).